Military Families

Active duty mommies

I know the instruction says your not supposed to wear the maternity cammies untill your normal ones dont fit.  I was just wondering when other people started wearing them.  I am 13 weeks and don't have a bump yet but am in that weird stage to where my pants are getting snug.  13 weeks just seems a little early...i'm gonna try and stick it out till 18-20 weeks. 

Re: Active duty mommies

• CaliValCaliVal member
    I would buy the next size trousers up before wearing the maternity uniform, that way they are a little loose around your abdomen. The trousers a size up will probably be good at least for a little bit post-maternity as well. Around 20 weeks is when I started wearing my maternity uniforms, week 16 when things got tight. Hope this helps!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • O thank you!  I did buy a size bigger after I first got preggers bc i was so bloated I could barley button them.  Just wanted to get an idea of when I need to get the real things :D Thanks so much for your help.
  • Loading the player...
  • Hey, I'm also 13 weeks! Due 28 Nov. When are you due?

Yesterday, I bought one set of ABUs and one set of dress blues in the smallest sizes (I'm normally a size 2 or 4). Not big enough to wear them yet because I've been looping a hair tie on my top button, giving me extra room. It's worked great! I'm hoping to get to about 16/17 weeks.....I've been super bloated this time around but have only gained about 1 or 2 pounds. Also, we're PCSing at 16 weeks and I figure that'll be a good time to transition to the maternity uniform :)

KEEP CALM and LATCH ON!

dee & bee
    mom & dad to 3 boys!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I started wearing mine at about 18 weeks. There are other females that I work with who started wearing them at 12/13. If your pants are getting 'snug' and are uncomfortable, switch to the maternity ones. No sense in buying a new set of uniforms for only a month or two of use.
  • Not military myself, but wanted to say that by 15/16 weeks I was into full on maternity clothes.  Everyone is different.  When I'm pregnant, my belly goes straight out and I often wore maternity earlier than others.  It's just how I was. 
    Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • I would probably buy the next size up and a pair of maternity. When you go back to work unless you are one of the very rare lucky people your pants you are wearing now will probably still be a little snug for a few months and those size up ones will be looking pretty good :)
  • With how expensive it is just for a pair of pants that you MIGHT wear for a few weeks, there is no way I would just buy the next size up pants. I started wearing my maternity as soon as mine regulars started getting tight and uncomfortable, I think I started wearing mine at 12 weeks, maybe even a little sooner, and for a while I just wore the maternity pants with a normal the top, which my supervisor ok'ed.
  • I started wearing mine at 12 weeks.  I am a small person and started showing early and could not button my pants starting at 8 weeks.  For 4 weeks, I kept them on with a hair tie just because we had not told everyone yet.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thanks for all the great advice!! I am now 14 weeks (Due Nov 30th) and I had to wear my NSUs for the first time since April and they fit, but not much longer..a little tighter than I remember and Ive only gained 3 pounds...cammies are still fine but from what ive heard about 18 weeks is normal...I'm not a skinny minnie so I guess we will see :D
  • imagekarenmom12:
    Thanks for all the great advice!! I am now 14 weeks (Due Nov 30th) and I had to wear my NSUs for the first time since April and they fit, but not much longer..a little tighter than I remember and Ive only gained 3 pounds...cammies are still fine but from what ive heard about 18 weeks is normal...I'm not a skinny minnie so I guess we will see :D

The maternity NSUs make me feel like I'm wearing a dress 

• I started wearing mine around 12 weeks. I wouldn't buy a pair of bigger non-maternity pants. You get a uniform allowance, right? Use the hell out of it, girl! lol. That's what I did. As soon as my pants started getting tight, I switched. No sense in being uncomfortable, right? And my NSU's are so much more comfortable than my cammies. I'm in Lemoore. It gets hot. I need to be able to breathe. lol.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I know what you mean about being hot...Im in Jacksonville and it's starting to get humid!!  I read in navy times they are coming out with new NSUs that are shorter and have the buttons on them like the cammies do...they look so much better but they wont be available till june 2013!! :(  And I havent put in for my maternity allownece yet  my chit got kicked back twice for dumb reasons so I just havent redone it yet...but you know how long the navy takes for everything I will need to buy new uniforms well before I get my allowence but at least i'll be re-embirsed.  I think I am going to go get them when we get paid next...you are right about being uncomfortable..it's dumb!!
  • I started first with undoing the top button of my pants and using the belt to keep my pants together until about 20wk when I switched to the maternity bottoms. I then changed to maternity top about 32wk. If I were you, I would get everything, get the nametags put on the maternity uniform and ready to go bc all those transition points came abruptly, esp for the top. (ie, one day the regular uniform fit the next it seemed my stomach ballooned)
    33 yo, DH with MFI Iui x4, Dec 2009 to Jan2011 all BFN.... IVF May 2011 BFP, mc June 2011 at 6.5 weeks, FET Oct 2011 BFP! Sweet baby girl born 25 June 2012** started adoption process Feb 2010, approved Oct 2010, failed match in delivery rooms Feb & Aug 2011... Birthmom called back 3d after we returned home. Aug 26 2011, our sweet baby boy comes home for good!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"