Adoption
Options

private adoption/advertising

Hi.  I have no idea how many of you have used private adoption and had to do the work to advertise..if thats the right word.  We are just starting the process and I am wondering how many people this worked for...where did u advertise...how did you minimize costs....any information would be appreciated.  We have placed our retainer, started our profile, and our home study is next Friday...this is all moving so quickly and so exciting...we just want to make sure we are doing everuthing we can do :):):)
After three miscarriages and one ectopic pregnancy we are currently pursuing adoption. " Born not from our flesh, but born in our heart. You were longed for and wanted and loved from the start."

Re: private adoption/advertising

• Options
    IRRIRR member
    We are currently going down this road as well.  So far, no phone calls from the online ads we have placed.  It's been about 5 weeks.  Our lawyer has a service that she does group advertising but it is $800/month and we didn't want to start that way.  We are also just networking with family and friends.  GL and let me know if you learn any other good tips.

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
    Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

• Options

Both of my adoptions were private but we did not advertise ourselves.

That said, I have a friend in teh adoption world that has been hugely successful and networking, sending letters to hospitals and clinic, and adopting!  She adopted her two children, and then she's been called because of her letter floating around four other times (one of which became our daughter!). 

She bought mailing lists for OB clinics and then did massive mailings.  It cost her about $2500-4000 in supplies and postage.  On top of that, she had legal fees once she matched... Overall very cost effective. 

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    IRRIRR member

Silliest bunny,

Thanks for that tip.  I just ended a consulting assignment and have some free time on my hands so perhaps I will try this route.  May try to create my own list vs. purchasing since I have the time to research. 

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
    Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

• Options
    imageIRR:

Thanks for that tip.  I just ended a consulting assignment and have some free time on my hands so perhaps I will try this route.  May try to create my own list vs. purchasing since I have the time to research. 

I agree... I think it's quite possible to create your own list w/online resources.  If you are open to ethnicity and/or drug situations, you may also include lawyers on your list.  I found that some lawyers need families to show because their clients only want x or y and they have an emom that is presenting w/z.  It definitely wouldn't hurt :)

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"