Food Allergy

Need advice on solids???

So far through trials we've identified that DD has had reactions to pears & prunes. We have been successful with sweet potatoes, carrots and bananas. My question is I've been using Gerber organics however I have noticed that there are so many weird additives to the food have you found through experience that your LO may have had a reaction to something you feed them that was not "home made" and didn't have the reaction when you actually made it yourself? TIA
image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Need advice on solids???

• I have no experience with that but when I was looking at baby food the other day I noticed the Gerber Organics and quickly decided I was not giving my baby that because of all the additives (regardless of what they are).  

I have decided to go with Sprout Organic baby food.  It claims on the packaging that the food is made on dedicated machines to avoid cross contamination with other foods.  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
  • pawcallpawcall member
    I did have this problem, but it was because so many jarred foods are contaminated with soy.  I wound up making his food myself (back when he was able to eat) but ditto PP, I've heard good things about Sprout
    ~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• Loading the player...
  • I've never tried any foods that weren't homemade, but just want to thrown into the conversation that making baby food is incredibly easy. The baby bullet has been a good investment for us; we just steam and blend everything while we're making our own dinners, and the bonus is that we know exactly what we're feeding her. Just a good idea all around, IMO.
    Mom to E, 11/2011 - Severe egg & dairy allergies, soy intolerance *** Stepmom to G, 2001
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"