LGBT Parenting

(early) Friday Fluff

I know it is picture day  - at least I think so.  How long HAVE I been gone?

Anyway, I am out tomorrow...so...Friday Fluff a day early!

What is the food most people would say is kids' food that you secretly (or not so secretly) LOVE?

Re: (early) Friday Fluff

• I have a thing for boxed mac and cheese. I am not talking the fancy stuff either. I want the kind with the powdered cheese!

DW loves those applesauce pouches. I cannot keep them in stock in our house between her and Ky.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • 2brides2brides member

Ramen noodles - you know the freeze dried ones? :) I do like Kraft and Velveeta mac and cheese - do eat the kids' leftovers - but it has been awhile since I have made a box for my meal.

I also have been known to boil spaghetti and dump the cold sauce into the pot of drained pasta (the hot pasta heats it) and eat it. One pot dinner. :) But even my kids won't eat that.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • This is not even something I've ever given to my kids and havent had in probably 8+ years but I love a good peanut butter and fluff sandwich (soft white bread, no crust).  Zero nutritional value but oh so delicious Embarrassed
  • imagectbride08:
    This is not even something I've ever given to my kids and havent had in probably 8+ years but I love a good peanut butter and fluff sandwich (soft white bread, no crust).  Zero nutritional value but oh so delicious Embarrassed

Not only do I know what you mean - I introduced DW to them.  I know them as Fluffernutters.

• 2brides2brides member
    Oh, that makes me think...I love Ocsar Meyer bolgna on white bread with Miracle Whip. Not that we have any of those ingredients in our house, but Mmmmm. I used to eat them when I babysat in college.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • hlkehlke member
    Peanut butter and jelly.  It's a frequent weekday breakfast for me.
    Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.
    AMH 0.5, AFC 5-8, FSH 7ish

IVF #1 - antagonist.  Empty follicle syndrome.  1 retrieved, 0 fertilized.
    IVF #2 - antagonist.  Ovulated early.  3 retrieved, 2 fertilized, 0 blasts
  • LV1979LV1979 member
    Frozen uncrustables!!!! Such a lazy way to eat a Peanut Butter and Jelly but I was secretly excited when they started making them in whole wheat bread!!!
    We had three BFN in the Fall of 2011. It is back on to some baby making come June. Swim little fellas, SWIM!!!!
  • I second the boxed Mac and Cheese. It's my favorite. In addition to: ramen, grilled cheese and chicken nuggets. I definitely eat like a child most days - and that's ok with me!
    *BFP #1-10/20/2012 EDD 7/4/2013*
    *DS 6/28/2013*
  • image2brides:
    Oh, that makes me think...I love Ocsar Meyer bolgna on white bread with Miracle Whip. Not that we have any of those ingredients in our house, but Mmmmm. I used to eat them when I babysat in college.

I used to eat those all the time!  (I also ate bologna with peanut butter...don't ask...)

Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image2brides:

yes, totally.

• Chocolate milk!  I buy the cases of Horizon Chocolate Milk boxes at Whole Foods and take them to work for when I need something sweet that isn't too horrible for me.  HOW excited was I when they started saying chocolate milk was a great post-workout treat because of the ratio of carbs:protein!
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    *Everyone welcome*

• PB&J. I usually get my PB&J fix by making an English muffin with a tbsp each of natural PB and all-fruit jam, but sometimes when I'm staying with an in-law I just have to indulge in the real deal :) 

Corn dogs, ha. So terrible for you. I like the soy ones from Trader Joe's - if you bake them to get the crisp exterior and add enough ketchup, it's a pretty good fake. 

ETA strawberry milk. Forgot all about that. I don't buy the Quik mix since it makes about 8,000 servings, but there is a company up here (Alpen Rose) that sells pints of strawberry milk. I have been known to indulge!  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Fruit snacks.  I like Target's strawberry ones the best.

We also may or may not have eaten corndogs for dinner the other night.  We used to eat a lot of Hebrew National hot dogs, but havent bought them in a while.  Tortilla/hot dog roll up is everyone's dinner of choice, right?? 

TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • tdmklmtdmklm member
    imagemadisonpeas:

imagectbride08:
    This is not even something I've ever given to my kids and havent had in probably 8+ years but I love a good peanut butter and fluff sandwich (soft white bread, no crust).  Zero nutritional value but oh so delicious Embarrassed

Not only do I know what you mean - I introduced DW to them.  I know them as Fluffernutters.

Yay Friday Fluff!!! Smile Glad you're back, madisonpeas!

I love that you guys know about Fluffernutters... The place where I work is the birthplace of Marshmallow Fluff! (Not my actual organization, but the area of the City). 

• imagetdmklm:
    imagemadisonpeas:

imagectbride08:

Yay Friday Fluff!!! Smile Glad you're back, madisonpeas!

I love that you guys know about Fluffernutters... The place where I work is the birthplace of Marshmallow Fluff! (Not my actual organization, but the area of the City). 

As usual, all good things come from Massachusetts! Big Smile  I love Fluffernutters too.

9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    *Everyone welcome*

• Annie's Cheddar Bunnies, so yummy!
  • imagectbride08:

Oh YUM! My grandpa used to give me these...mmmmmm

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"