VBAC

First appt. with doctor. Hoping I can have a vbac

I had to have a c section with my ds because he had turned transverse. I never even went into labor. If I would have been a little more educated on the topic and confident at the time I would have asked my doctor to wait till I went into labor to see if he turned. Heard that many times they move into position once you go into labor. The doctor ended up have to give me a t-incision. He told me that he would recommend that I have a csection if we had another. Because he said aren't they easy. He isn't the one recovering. Either way we are expecting our second and switched doctors. Meet with my doctor for the first time tomorrow. Any questions I should ask besides is vbac an option? I am kind of nervous I really want to be able to. Hoping she says yes.

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: First appt. with doctor. Hoping I can have a vbac

• nealblnealbl member
    Make sure all your records from previous doctor have been sent over. Your new docotor will need to see the report on your previous C-section.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You definitely need to order your operative report from the hospital where you had your first.

I don't know much about t-incisions, but I'm thinking that it might be harder to find a doctor who is willing to go with a vbac (but I really hope I'm wrong).

If this doctor isn't ok with vbac (and even if she is), get in touch with your local ICAN chapter and see who they recommend for a vbac and for support.

The former jen5/03.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I had looked into doctors that were available for a vbac and she was one of them. She was very positive and said there shouldn't be a problem. yay! She went over all my reports. It was so nice to have a doctor that listened to what I wanted. Instead of one that told me what would be easiest for them.

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • imageHappyLadyy:

I had looked into doctors that were available for a vbac and she was one of them. She was very positive and said there shouldn't be a problem. yay! She went over all my reports. It was so nice to have a doctor that listened to what I wanted. Instead of one that told me what would be easiest for them.

That's great news.  Good Luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"