*Update* Swallowed ear mold from hearing aid.... — The Bump
Special Needs

*Update* Swallowed ear mold from hearing aid....

 *update* Poop Patrol 2012 is over!

***doing the poo-pee dance!***

He finally pooped tonight (last poop was Sunday) and the hearing aid mold was in there. It was all in one piece and not digested at all. I had an irrational fear that it would partially digest and Nate would have glitter in his GI system for the rest of his life and I'd have to explain it if he needed x-rays or GI work.

 

*sigh* I am pretty sure Nate swallowed one of his his ear molds. The tube was still attached to the hearing aid. He was in the high chair watching Play with Me Sesame while I got ready for work. I looked everywhere and it is nowhere to be found. St. Anthony has also let me down.

I know it is a long shot, but has anyone else had or heard of this happening before? I called the Pedi and she said it wouldn't show up on an xray so we just have to wait, watch and potentially dig thru poop. Luckily we ordered new ear molds last week.

I forgot to mention to the pedi that his ear mold has glitter in it, would glitter show up in an xray? Even if we did xray and it was in there, it's not like they would do anything right? We'd still be watching and waiting....UGH.

 

WAY 2 Cool 4 School


image

Re: *Update* Swallowed ear mold from hearing aid....

  • No advice. Just wanted to give you a virtual hug! We've lost glasses, so except for the digestive part, I feel your pain.
    .
  • When I read the title I was thinking ear mold was green took that grew in his ears (like on cheese) and what sort of sn would cause that and yuck that he ate his moldy ear gook. So in comparison a sparkly ear mold sounds downright healthy to eat. Sorry this happened and I hope it passes easily or even better you find it wedged between the seat and the cushion or something.
    [url="http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=breastfeeder&utm_medium=ubb&utm_campaign=badges"][img]http://images.thenestbaby.com/badges/tb_sig_ebf.gif [/img][/url]
  • image changingnames:
    When I read the title I was thinking ear mold was green took that grew in his ears (like on cheese) and what sort of sn would cause that and yuck that he ate his moldy ear gook. So in comparison a sparkly ear mold sounds downright healthy to eat. Sorry this happened and I hope it passes easily or even better you find it wedged between the seat and the cushion or something.

    I figured people would think my child was moldy...I will change the title!

    WAY 2 Cool 4 School


    image
  • That sucks! Sorry and hugs!
  • I thought moldy ear gunk too! Sorry, no advice, and I don't think sparkles show on an xray (don't ask). If he did eat it, it will show up. And yes to the waiting - unless it will do damage, they'll likely let it pass. We've been there a few times.


  • This was my worst fear when she had aids! Though she managed to break many pairs, she never managed to swallow one. I hope this resolves soon for you guys.
    Anniversary Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image -auntie-:
    Resisting the urge to say "this too shall pass". Not.

    Yeah, I'm wondering myself if that will ever happen. The latest weird thing to be eaten in or near our household was L's friend, and a goldfish (live, not the crackers). Spare me.



  • I hear you girls!

    DS puts everything in his mouth.

    The daycare teacher informed me he swallowed some glittery sequins that made his poop sparkly. I found out he was eating the sequins that fell off my work blouse because I had to get him to spit it out.

    He is into swallowing my hair.

    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image CnAmom:
    image -auntie-:
    image gimmietimmies:

    image -auntie-:
    Resisting the urge to say "this too shall pass". Not.

    Yeah, I'm wondering myself if that will ever happen. The latest weird thing to be eaten in or near our household was L's friend, and a goldfish (live, not the crackers). Spare me.

    OMG!

    I had a younger sister who "swallowed", as it were. At various times she swallowed a wig pin (the T shaped kind), several coins and a handful of mercury to keep it from me. She was a frequeny flyer at the er.

    This is one of my biggest fears with my kid who puts EVERYTHING in his mouth. I have pulled some interesting things out of his mouth......but a live goldfish?!?! I really hope it never comes to that!

    Yikes!! What a swallower!

    We're frequent flyers to the er as well, but I am so happy to pin this one on ds' friend. My kids have swallowed weird things before (K was saving a penny), but yeah, L's buddy swallowed a goldfish. That call to his dad was, well, interesting. He was dared, without much resistance. L got in trouble too, because even though he wouldn't do it himself, he didn't stop him. Ewwww. Does it help if I tell you they were 13 at the time?



  • So glad you found it!! <3!
  • YES!! So glad it is all in one piece. Now I am curious . . . what will you do with it?! ;)
    .
  • image FloraK8:
    YES!! So glad it is all in one piece. Now I am curious . . . what will you do with it?! ;)

    I rinsed it off to make sure it was all in one piece and then I tossed it. I am going to save the other one for his baby box and do a little write-up in the baby book about Poop Watch 2012.

    WAY 2 Cool 4 School


    image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards