Maryland Babies

Oh Happy Day

DH got the job he wanted at the USPTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's gotten a few other offers - like the one that I mentioned a few weeks ago (which was awesome but would have required massive travel) - but this is the one that we wanted for him.  He'll be a patent examiner - and will get a nice little jump in GS rankings because of his time with the Navy.  He could break bank as a sales engineer - but this is the kind of security that we really needed.  

I'm over the freaking moon right now.

Party!!!DrinksParty!!! Beer

lovelylittleworld
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BFP#2 1/12/12 ~ Missed M/C 8w2d

Re: Oh Happy Day

• Yay, congrats to B!!

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Congratulations!

• Loading the player...
  • ras26ras26 member
    Yay!  Congrats!
    IMG_2304IMG_3206
    Baby Girl #2 is on her way!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Congratulations!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That's fantastic! I love when people are rewarded appropriately for hard work. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Congrats!! I know I could make more $ going into contracting, but I like the security of being a fed too much. Does this mean anything for your job? I know your hours can be crazy (understatement).
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageCooper81:
    Congrats!! I know I could make more $ going into contracting, but I like the security of being a fed too much. Does this mean anything for your job? I know your hours can be crazy (understatement).

Yeah...what it means for my job is sort of the exciting part. ;)

At this point if I get pregnant soon I'll have the baby and be on leave through at least the middle of next year - which will give him time to get up and running.  With his salary (and the knowledge that we'll have security in retirement) I can return to work on an 80% schedule (which doesn't mean *that* much in M&A, but whatever).  Once we get to a good place, I'll have the freedom to reconsider the long term.  I'd be nuts to walk away from this job on a whim - but I also know it's not my forever spot.  Once he's up and running I can really focus on getting us to a place where we have a lot of flexibility. ;)

In a perfect world, I get 6 months to a year of freedom to regroup and figure out what the hell to do with the rest of my life.  I'm good at what I do - but it's not my calling and I'd love the chance to figure out what is.

lovelylittleworld
  • imageRagdolls:

imageCooper81:
    Congrats!! I know I could make more $ going into contracting, but I like the security of being a fed too much. Does this mean anything for your job? I know your hours can be crazy (understatement).

Yeah...what it means for my job is sort of the exciting part. ;)

At this point if I get pregnant soon I'll have the baby and be on leave through at least the middle of next year - which will give him time to get up and running.  With his salary (and the knowledge that we'll have security in retirement) I can return to work on an 80% schedule (which doesn't mean *that* much in M&A, but whatever).  Once we get to a good place, I'll have the freedom to reconsider the long term.  I'd be nuts to walk away from this job on a whim - but I also know it's not my forever spot.  Once he's up and running I can really focus on getting us to a place where we have a lot of flexibility. ;)

In a perfect world, I get 6 months to a year of freedom to regroup and figure out what the hell to do with the rest of my life.  I'm good at what I do - but it's not my calling and I'd love the chance to figure out what is.

Awesome news all around!!  I think we need a Friendly Farms date to celebrate! ;-)

• Awesome!

Congrats to him!!!!!

I certainly understand, we are currently searching for a better job for my husband, the company he is with is crap and honestly I'm always terrified they will fire him for no good reason (they fired someone for putting their feet up on the desk).

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageweezie825:

Awesome news all around!!  I think we need a Friendly Farms date to celebrate! ;-)

Yes, yes, yes!!!  How does your June look??

lovelylittleworld
  • I am completely open.  DH will be on a business trip one week, not returning until late on Saturday.  I need to double check which one.

We are hitting "The Farm" on Sunday to celebrate DH's Grad School graduation. It is Evie's first trip.  I hope she doesn't try to terrorize the ducks/geese.  LOL.

• That's awesome news. Congrats to you both!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Mella&TMella&T member
    Congrats!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Someone's getting a little brother!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • That's wonderful news! Congrats to B on the new job and to you for having some options open up! 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yay!!
    Laura & Jim ~ July 10, 2004
    miscarriage on 11/26/09 at 5w6d
  • Hooray. Congratulations.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That is fantastic! I am glad things are working out so well for you guys!! Party!!!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • YAY!! Congratulations to you both!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"