Success after IF

XP: Beta In

Well, it's a BFP, but not a very strong BFP.  Beta was 46 and RE would like it to be closer to 100.  Next Beta is Thursday where they want to see it at least double, but proper doubling to would have to make it over 100, right?

So, now is the time where I need to hear those Low Beta stories so let's hear 'em.  Anyone have a low first beta?  

Thank you all for your help, thoughts and prayers over the past couple of days.  It truly appreciate it and I hope to be a SAIFer  in about 9 months! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP: Beta In

• I had a relatively low beta... responded to your post on IFV already... how many dpo-equivalent are you?
  • My first beta was slightly over 7 - yes a single digit beta!  She is now a crazy happy 2.5 year old!  The doubling is the important part not the starting number.  Good Luck and Congrats!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats!!!! I hope you get a nice, strong second beta!

• A BFP is a BFP. I have seen lower ones than use go on towards success. Good luck on thursday, you will be in my thoughts!
    A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • That doesn't seem low to me at all! For my FET, my RE wanted to see my numbers around 50 and for my 3dt he wanted it around 25. So, to me, you're looking like a pregnant lady!

I know you've had a long journey and I really hope this is it for you. Hang in there! And don't forget doubling time is actually 48-72 hours!

*Excessive scar tissue, blocked tubes*hypothyroidism*
    IVF #1 BFN 10/07
    IVF #2 w/ICSI & AH*C/P 5/09
    Beta #1-33 Beta #2-50 Beta #3-10
    FET 9/9/09*Transferred 2 Blasts*BFP!
    Beta #1- 2991, Beta #2 - 6757 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No advice on the low beta #'s but just wanted to wish you the best of luck!
  • etoyamaetoyama member
    My first and only positive beta was with DD and it was 38 at 10dp5dt. Happy ending, obviously! Sending many positive vibes!!!
  • how many dp ER are you??

That doesn't seem that low to me for a first beta.

The first number doesn't mean too much - it could go either way at this point if your first number was 25 or if it was 125, ya know?

Congratulations on the BFP!!!  Praying it STICKS!! 

DX: PCOS * Success with IVF

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ali212Ali212 member

My DD2 is a low beta success story.  My 1st beta was 10dp5dt (so 15dpo) and it was 23.7.  I didn't even consider myself pregnant since it was my 4th IVF (all were BFNs) and I had pretty much given up hope.  My 2nd beta was 2 days later at 12dp5dt (so 17dpo) and it had risen to 58.7.  Two days later (14dp5dt/19dpo) is was 191 and then they waited 5 days and, by that time, it was 1,337 (19dp5dt/24dpo).  As you can see, my betas were super low but they rose well.  That's really the most important thing.  My DD2 was born healthy.

How far past O are you?  GL!

5 IUIs | 4 IVFs | 2 sweet little girls Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageBergerthal:
    The doubling is the important part not the starting number.  Good Luck and Congrats!!!

100% ditto this.

It's ALLLLL in the double (and even then sometimes it's not...)

I know the wait is agonizing.  

Sending truck loads of doubling dust your way!!!

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Yup - see siggy (16.2 for 1st beta at 9dp5dt)

Good luck to you!

My first haircut!

Severe MFI - on to IVF w/ ICSI

IVF#1-2: BFN
    IVF#3: BFP! - 1/24: ET - 5d - 2 blasts - 2/02: Beta #1: 16.2 ...... 2/04: Beta #2: 35 ...... 2/09: Beta #3: 401.5 - I'm pregnant! - 2/13: u/s #1 - baby boy, due 10/12, born 10/16! ...... 8 lbs 0 oz, 22 inches! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• poomanpooman member

Congrats on your BFP!   It's hard to have faith when you're surrounded by people with way higher betas, but that first number just needs to keep going up and up and up.

DD's first beta was a 17.   

This cycle my beta was a 37 and I'm pregnant with twins!  And the second beta was a 69 so it didn't even double.

And as for your earlier post First Response tests were never good for me.  I got Walgreens Digital positives before First Response ever showed a line.

• Lurker here. My 10dp5dt with dd1 was 50. I was hysterical and spent two days worrying.  I had always " heard" a " good" beta was anything over 100.  Well two days later my beta rose to 137 and kept doubling beautifully from then on. So ditto pp. there is hope. Fwiw my dd2 was unmediated but I knew my o date I knew when my first beta was and again  my beta was in the 50 s. both kids are happy and healthy.  My very best wishes to you!!!
  • Wishing you a good beta on Thursday! My first beta wasn't super high, 70s? and I remember being really nervous but it turned out OK and DD is 3 mo old now. (hard to believe I can't remember precisely - it was almost exactly one year ago - just after Memorial Day weekend) 
    Married June '03. DS born Jan '09. DD born Feb '12. No, we didn't choose to be childless for the first 6 years, only the first 3.
  • I don't know much about beta's with IVF but I just wanted to send good thoughts your way. The beta wait sucks, even more so than the 2ww!
    TTC#1=Feb 2009: 50 mg Clomid+Ovidrel shot+Metformin+Dexamethasone+TI=BFP!

TTC#2=July 2011: Surprise BFP: Chemical Pregnancy
  • imageamberleeb:
    No advice on the low beta #'s but just wanted to wish you the best of luck!

ditto. good luck! 

• Congratulations on your positive beta and lots of positive thoughts for you on Thursday! As PPs have mentioned, it's the doubling that matters, not the starting point. Hang in there! Hoping this will be your super sticky baby. 

DX: DOR and MFI 

IVF w/ICSI brought us our 1st precious miracle

V born via induction 4.29.11

TTC #2: IVF (MDLF) August/September 2012

ER 9/7: 6R, 5M, 4F ET 9/12: 5dt of 2 blasts 

+HPT 9/17! Beta #1 (9/25) = 1,000 Beta #2 (9/27) = 1,860 U/S #1 (10/11)...TWINS!

1/8/13 - It's a..boy and a girl!!   

S&B born via induction 5.8.13

imageimage

• With this pregnancy my first beta was 40.6 and the second was 50.8 

It took until my 5th beta draw for numbers the numbers to start to look normal.  Hang in there, remember they have to start somewhere!  Keep us posted!

• that's not bad, doubling is all that matters. good luck!!!!!
  • My first beta was 32 which is low but it worked out ok. Thinking of you and hoping for a great second beta!
  • Doubling is all that matters! Congrats and good luck!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Savannah
    image.
    Callista
    Baby Trail Blog
    "Someday we will look at our babies and know it will be worth it. If it was easy, we would not have had our babies, the babies we were meant to have." From Amy052006
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My first beta, 8dp5dt, was 24

Second beta, 11dp5dt, was 103

That was with this pregnancy.

First pregnancy (now healthy 10 month old), first beta 8dp3dt, 24, second beta 11dp3dt 94! 

TTC since Fall of 2007

IUI #1 April 2009-BFN, IUI #2 May 2009-BFN

BFP July 6, 2009-Miscarriage July 9,2009-Chemical Pregnancy

IUI #3 May 2010-BFN, IUI #4 June 2010-BFN

IVF #1 October 2010-2 embryos transferred on Day 3-BFP!!!

Elijah Gage Born July 7, 2011!!!

FET-April 19, BFP!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• I had betas with DS2.  The first was 42 and the next was 80 something.  They were happy with that and didn't ask for a 3rd. 

Congratulations and fingers crossed for good numbers on Thursday!

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Sending you tons and tons of super rising beta dust!!!
  • no beta stories... but sending you lots and lots of beta doubling vibes!!!! GL!!!!!!!!!
    After 5 years of TTC, 3 IUIs, 5 IVFs, 2 FETs, multiple losses and an adoption that wasn
  • My first beta (with my surprise BFP) was 33.  The next one, 48 hours later, was only 45.  Then after that it jumped big time to 187 and then into the 1,000's.  So there is certainly hope.  What I tell people is while betas are science, it's by no means an exact science.  So anything can happen. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • kkfeb04kkfeb04 member
    Congrats!  I never had first betas near 100.  DD's was in the 50's and that was at 15 dpo.
    Sorry no paragraphs, bumping from my phone.
    I once had a picture until the trolls showed up.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC #1 7/08 PCOS dx 8/28/04 Met 1000 mg and Clomid cycles 1-4 1/6/09-5/2/09 BFN
    Clomid 100mg 6/4/09=O'd=BFP on 6/29/09! Beta@14DPO 70.8 Beta@16DPO 152. EDD 3/7/10.
    First u/s on 7/13/09 @6w0d heard and saw heartbeat 102 bpm.
    K M #1 arrived via c/s 3/1/10 10 lbs, 22 inches long at 39 weeks.

Surprise expecting #2. Med-free BFP on 8/1/11! Beta@15DPO 58.2 Beta@17DPO 198.3 Beta@23DPO 2338. EDD 4/9/12
    K M #2 arrived via c/s 3/19/12 9 lbs 2 oz, 21 inches long at 37 weeks.
    "If we weren't all crazy we would go insane."
  • Yay for a bfp.  I had a low (14) first beta with my first pregnancy.  Baby was normal and perfect regardless.  
    Beautiful Miracle Baby lost at 21 weeks due to pre-term labor and incompetent cervix. FET#1 BFN, FET#2 BFP, early loss. FET#3 BFN. IVF#2 BFFN. FET #4 BFP after removing bilateral hydrosalpinx and 3 months of lupron depot. Sticky Bun is here!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My first beta with my DS was 34......
  • My first beta was also 46!    My second was 170 something I think.  I am not 15 weeks along! :)
  • There are so many beautiful IVF babies and toddlers that started out as low betas!  Sending good thoughts -- GOOD LUCK and CONGRATS!
    My Favorite Books image
    Books read in 2012: 58!
  • m&m2006m&m2006 member
    a good friend of mine had a beta in the 40s as her first beta, and she was pregnant with twins.  her girls turned 3 this year!  definitely hope for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"