Baby Showers
Options

Super-quick one about registry ettiquette

People are starting to ask me where I'm registered. What do I say? I know that sounds daft, but I don't just want to leave it as "I'm registered at X-place and X-place". Do I thank them for asking? Is it appropriate/advised to remind them that I am not 'expecting' gifts, but if they'd like to I'm registered at blah blah?

I just feel really weird about answering in the right/wrong way. I don't want to come across as rude but I also don't want to come across all "oh you're looking at my registry? You are obviously going to get me a gift, so thank you!" If that makes sense.
(Oh, and FTR, I'm not hosting my own shower or anything. People are just asking me instead of my host)

Re: Super-quick one about registry ettiquette

• Options
    Asked a direct question, give a direct answer. I don't think it's neccessary to advise that you aren't "expecting" gifts.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    With a shower it's expected you will get gifts, it's a gift giving event.  With that said when people ask just say "I'm registered at such and such a place, thank you for asking."
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yes

imageGismo123:
    With a shower it's expected you will get gifts, it's a gift giving event.  With that said when people ask just say "I'm registered at such and such a place, thank you for asking."

Oct Angel Babies Lilypie Maternity tickers BFP #1- 12/7/11 M/C-12/20/11 BFP #2- 2/14/12 EDD- 10/3/12
  • Options
    Yes to all. Thank you, ladies!
  • Options
    If they ask, it's for a reason, so I just tell them where I'm registered.
    Renee- 37 DH - Chad - 39
    2/06 - surprise pregnancy - twins
    3/06 - m/c 1st baby at 6 weeks 
    5/06 -2nd baby had no heartbeat at 14 wks.
    D&E - Bled out. Blood transfusions. Week in ICU - Cheated Death!
    Diagnosis: Blood clotting and bleeding disorder, immune issues, & cervical stenosis
    5/10 - 1st IVF cycle - BFN
    FET - 10/12/10 - BFN
    1/11 - IVF with PGD - BFN
    IVF - May - BFN
    6/11 New RE - fingers crossed!
    9/11 - IVF - 4 transferred
    10/13 - BFP!!
    It's a boy! Clint Michael, Due in June!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    kjskjskjskjs member
    I've been asked that too and I just base my response on who it is. For example a friend of mine with two little girls asked and I said gifts aren't necessary but we are registed at X and Y but that we also love hand me downs because I'm sure she has some things that her girls have grown out of and that way she wouldn't have to spend any money on me :)
    imageimage
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"