Baby Showers
Options

Mexican Traditions

I'm in need of a little help. I'm an event planner and I have been hired for a baby shower. It is for a woman from Mexico and the hosts want the party to reflect her heritage. I have been doing some research to see if there are any traditions and customs around pregnancy, babies or baby showers that we may be able to incorporate, and I can't seem to find much of anything. Does anyone know of any customs or traditions?

Re: Mexican Traditions

• Options

Also, any games that are traditionally played would be helpful!

• Options
    You should consult the family.  Mexico is a big country with a long history - you want to make sure you're reflecting the customs that are important to this family in particular.
    The word you're looking for is SEX.  I promise.  No, it's not gender.  It's sex.  You're welcome.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    jlh2716jlh2716 member

imagemypalbabs:
    You should consult the family.  Mexico is a big country with a long history - you want to make sure you're reflecting the customs that are important to this family in particular.

This! My husband is 1st generation Mexican-American, his family being from the west coast of Mexico. Upon visiting some of his extended family down there, I can tell you, that culture was definitely different from what I experienced over on the east coast of Mexico when I went to Cozamel one summer. Visit with some of the ladies about family traditions, and find out what part of Mexico they're from and research some traditions from that particular region.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"