January 2012 Moms

Thinking back, we never....

... took a pic of DD, DH and myself as a family after I delivered. After 36hrs of labor and 3 hrs of pushing which also included my blood pressure dropping dangerously low and me getting sick and it also being after 1am, we completely forgot to take a pic. We have pics of DD with DH and me separately but not one of the three of us together. Some days it breaks my heart but at the same time I know it's not THAT big of a deal and I just try not to think about it.

We also never took the professional pics of DD. I wanted to do the ones at the hospital and the lady who does them came in while I was BFing so she said she'd come by later and never did...

But, we have about 2300 pics of DD that we have been taking since she was born so I think we are ok :)

What did you forget about, or didnt' get to do??

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Thinking back, we never....

• kaybe24kaybe24 member
    By the time I had my last minute c section I was completely knocked out on ketamine and did not see my son til 2 hours later. I lost a lot of blood and was confined to bed for 2 days. I don't have any pictures of me and my son from the hospital. It bothers me too at times when I see the happy parents after birth but at least he and I are both healthy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekaybe24:
    By the time I had my last minute c section I was completely knocked out on ketamine and did not see my son til 2 hours later. I lost a lot of blood and was confined to bed for 2 days. I don't have any pictures of me and my son from the hospital. It bothers me too at times when I see the happy parents after birth but at least he and I are both healthy.

Exactly! That is the right way to look at things... And I LOVE the little tootsies :)

• Loading the player...
  • raefreraefre member

We are in the same boat, except I think there is only one picture of me and DS from the hospital.  The rest of the pictures are of DS with everyone else.  One of the nurses did encourage DH to take a picture of DS's black feet when footprinted, which I absolutely adore because you can see his flat butt in them. 

But this is what happens when DH is in charge of pictures, because they just aren't that important to him. However, there are some gnarly pictures of me right before birth./eyeroll

Next time, I'll be more diligent about prepping DH for the pictures I want.

One thing I'm afraid of is that our next LO will not have the amount of pictures that we have of DS.  Heh.

I've never been one for newborn pictures, so I'm not terribly upset about passing those up. 

• I don't have any of me at the hospital either.  My blood vessels broke in my eyes and my face was super bloated.  I was so self conscious that I didn't want to be in pictures.  Now I totally regret that.  I wish I would have worn my "war wounds" with pride.
    imageimageimage
  • imagejnickers98:
    I don't have any of me at the hospital either.  My blood vessels broke in my eyes and my face was super bloated.  I was so self conscious that I didn't want to be in pictures.  Now I totally regret that.  I wish I would have worn my "war wounds" with pride.

Oh you got puffy too? I was HORRIBLE the next day. I couldn't recognize myself.  My face had doubled in size, it was awful.... :/ I also had a nice big coldsore on my lip, that was wonderful.

• imagebigbear:

imagejnickers98:
    I don't have any of me at the hospital either.  My blood vessels broke in my eyes and my face was super bloated.  I was so self conscious that I didn't want to be in pictures.  Now I totally regret that.  I wish I would have worn my "war wounds" with pride.

Oh you got puffy too? I was HORRIBLE the next day. I couldn't recognize myself.  My face had doubled in size, it was awful.... :/ I also had a nice big coldsore on my lip, that was wonderful.

Yes!  I felt like Sloth from The Goonies.  I remember being shocked every time I went into the bathroom. I can't imagine what my DH and guests thought.

imageimageimage
  • There are so many things that I wish I would have done. I have no pictures of myself while I was pregnant, I was very very ill during the whole pregnancy and looked like death (pale as a ghost), so I never wanted any photos, now I wish I would have them to look back on. Also, I wish I would have had someone take photos of me and Carly. She was in the Nicu for 28 days, and I was there alone everyday with her, and felt out of place asking the nurses to take our picture. I have only one of me with her, and that is the first time I was able to hold her. I also wish I would have done the newborn photos when she came home, I had wanted to but with it being winter, her a preemie, I did not want to expose her to any outside germs. Also, I wish I would have kept a pregnancy log and a NICU log, because I was so sick, I don't remember when I first felt her move inside of me, I know it was arround 20 -24 weeks and I would like to have mine and her experiance in the NICU written down with proper dates of when I was able to give her a bath, feed her, when she came off her IV, stoped having brady's and so on. But I am so so greatful, she is a happy healthy baby.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"