Food Allergy
Options

Medical ID Bracelets

I'm going to order one for DD - for those that have one, what did you have engraved on it?  I am going to put her PA for sure, and I'm going to say something about use EpiPen, call 911.  Should I put down that she has asthma also? 

Also, where/when should she wear it?  To day care/preschool every day (they already are well aware of her condition), or just when we're out and about? 

Re: Medical ID Bracelets

• Options

I read somewhere that if they are small putting their first name on it is a good idea.  That way the responders can use their name and help put them at ease.

DS#3's has this:

Name - Food Allergies Milk

Egg, Peanut, Treenuts, Sesame

Use Epi Jr - Call 911

And I have my guys wear their bracelets 24/7.  That way we don't lose them or get in to fights about I don't want to wear it.  It's just part of them that goes where they go.

As for the asthma, I would try to fit that in somewhere if you can.

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• Options
    imageluvmagoldn:

I read somewhere that if they are small putting their first name on it is a good idea.  That way the responders can use their name and help put them at ease.

DS#3's has this:

Name - Food Allergies Milk

Egg, Peanut, Treenuts, Sesame

Use Epi Jr - Call 911

And I have my guys wear their bracelets 24/7.  That way we don't lose them or get in to fights about I don't want to wear it.  It's just part of them that goes where they go.

As for the asthma, I would try to fit that in somewhere if you can.

Thanks - I didn't know if putting Asthma on the bracelet would get confusing with the 'Use EpiPen' part because we have different action plans for allergies versus asthma attack.

I thought maybe on the front I'd list the PA and Use EpiPen, and on the back I'd put her name, DOB, asthma, my name and phone number, but didn't know if I needed to include her DOB, my name and phone number or not.  But I figured at least if I put the asthma part on the back of it, it wouldn't be with the 'Use EpiPen' part.

Can I ask what bracelet you have for your LO's?  I was looking at the ones that are more of a sports band because they're adjustable and seem like they'd hold up a little bit better.  Plus at 3 years old I didn't know if a beaded one would be too much for DD - and I read somewhere that some of the beaded ones don't always look like medical bracelets, they just look like plain bracelets. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

StickyJewelry.com is the site I've used.  You can choose a bracelet (there are only a couple in the small four inch length) then choose a plaque to engrave.

There are a lot of options for girls and boys but again, less so the smaller they are. 

• Options
    imageluvmagoldn:

StickyJewelry.com is the site I've used.  You can choose a bracelet (there are only a couple in the small four inch length) then choose a plaque to engrave.

There are a lot of options for girls and boys but again, less so the smaller they are. 

Thank you so much - you've answered many of my questions in the past couple of weeks since finding out about DD's PA - I appreciate it!

• Options
    pawcallpawcall member
    imageLilyB2521:

I'm going to order one for DD - for those that have one, what did you have engraved on it?  I am going to put her PA for sure, and I'm going to say something about use EpiPen, call 911.  Should I put down that she has asthma also? 

Also, where/when should she wear it?  To day care/preschool every day (they already are well aware of her condition), or just when we're out and about? 

We use MedicAlert, and they helped me determine what to put on there.  Asthma is important because it can impact the care that first responders give.

Here's what's on ours

Aidan wears it 24/7

~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• Options
    imageLilyB2521:
    imageluvmagoldn:

Thank you so much - you've answered many of my questions in the past couple of weeks since finding out about DD's PA - I appreciate it!

I'm so glad!  Many people have helped me along the way and you will do the same for people you encounter.  I love how that works. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"