April 2011 Moms
Options

NBR Vent: Wanna be a girl gang?

...and help me kick a friend/coworker's husband's a$$.

He came home drunk the other night (this has been increasing in occurrence, and she's been trying to leave him), and when she told him that she and their 7-year-old son were going to stay at her mother's, he got in the little boy's face, stuck his finger in his chest and said, "That's right. I want you and your mother to get the F--- out of the house."

Ugh... I'm trying to help her find a rental house she can afford, but ugh. Why do there have to be people like that?

MacAndCheese
Mac and cheese lover!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NBR Vent: Wanna be a girl gang?

• Options
    kje120kje120 member
    I'm sorry.  I hope your friend and her son are able to get away safely. No one should have to live like that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagekestock120:
    I'm sorry.  I hope your friend and her son are able to get away safely. No one should have to live like that.

It honestly makes me wish we could go "rough him up." I know violence isn't the answer, obviously, but saying that to a little kid! And he worships his dad. It makes me ill.

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    TwirpleTwirple member

That is absolutely horrible.  How could someone do that to their son.  I'll totally join your girl gang.  I can teach you some self defense I've learned from my Martial Arts so you're not going in there unarmed.

I, too, know that violence isn't the answer, but that doesn't mean you can't fantasize about it. 

Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• Options
    kpips20kpips20 member
    Stories like this make me really happy I have 6 brothers in the Marines, b/c if my husband ever did something like that they'd have him running for his life in 5 minutes. I really hope your friend is able to get herself (and her son) away from him safely!

• Options
    Thinking of your friend.  I hope she and her son are able to find a safe place. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Disgusting.  I listened to a speaker at church last week who was talking about how one thing you say to a child could make the difference in their lives, negative or positive.  That kind of abusive statement could stick with him for the rest of his life.  I am in on your gang. 
  • Options
    What a jerk. I'll totally join your girl gang. I might only be 4'11" but I'm scrappy and still all pp hormonal. I'll take him on.
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • Options
    What is in the water where you live?!  It seems like there is so much abuse surrounding you!!!  I wish the best for all of these victims, poor things!!!
  • Options

imagemalloryjean:
    What is in the water where you live?!  It seems like there is so much abuse surrounding you!!!  I wish the best for all of these victims, poor things!!!

To be honest, I have no idea. I'm not sure if it's really like this everywhere, or if this place is just different. My guess is, if it is different, it's because this is a super-"manly" man area of the country, and a lot of abuse comes from men believing in extremely rigid gender roles.

In the same week, I gave a student the business card for the domestic violence shelter and their 24-hour hotline and bought another student a "recovery" journal that you fill out after leaving an abusive relationship. She wrote a paper about leaving her husband and living on her own, and I felt like the journal would help her.

If you ever need to give a friend this journal, it's this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Its-My-Life-Now-Relationship/dp/0415953251/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1336875827&sr=8-1

I wouldn't buy the Kindle edition because it's an actual therapy "workbook" where you fill-in questions about your relationship, feelings, etc.

Thanks so much for listening, everyone! And for offering to be in the "girl gang."

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!

• Options
    jag101jag101 member
    That is so sad. That poor little boy. Hopefully she leaves and stays away for her son's sake.
  • Options
    Dear God!     That man needs a slap in the face- with a frying pan.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your friend.  I hope she can find an affordable place to live soon.
    Mommy to Violet 4/4/2011 and Linnea 2/10/2013
    Anniversary
  • Options

imagekpips20:
    Stories like this make me really happy I have 6 brothers in the Marines, b/c if my husband ever did something like that they'd have him running for his life in 5 minutes. I really hope your friend is able to get herself (and her son) away from him safely!

6 Brothers in the marines!!! Dating must have been fun for you.  Lord, your husband must be a brave man.

That said, Shaindel, this is heartbraking. I hate the idea that a little guys ideals could be shattered so quickly not to mention that their safety is at stake.

• Options
    kpips20kpips20 member
    imagecampbaby76:

imagekpips20:

6 Brothers in the marines!!! Dating must have been fun for you.  Lord, your husband must be a brave man.

That said, Shaindel, this is heartbraking. I hate the idea that a little guys ideals could be shattered so quickly not to mention that their safety is at stake.

Plus my dad's a cop. Luckily they leave nice guys alone :)

• Options
    I'm in!!!  Where do we meet so we can take it to the streets!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"