TTC After a Loss 6 Months+
Options

3 losses and waiting.

I guess I belong here.  I'm a bit confused by all the rules, etc.

I'm in Memphis, TN.  We have been trying to conceive for a year and have had 3 miscarriages (6/11, 5 weeks, 1/12, 5w,  3/12 6 w). Last pregnancy I was found to be a compound heterozygote for the MTHFR gene and placed on high dose folate/B6/B12, had an elevated IgM for a minor antiphospholipid antibody and placed on ASA, and was on progesterone.

After this last miscarriage, I was referred to a reproductive endocrinologist, who agreed with the high dose folate/B6/B12 and the progesterone, but thought the antiphospholipid antibody was within normal lipids.  He did think my TSH was a tad high at 3.5, although it was technically within normal limits.  So I was started on levothyroxine.  I just had more blood work done and the sonohystogram done today (uncomfortable enough to not go back to work, but not terrible). I anticipate the sonohystogram results will be normal.

Anyhow, I thought I had gotten over this last miscarriage, but today's sonohystogram and the events at work this week have just made me sad today and I have had a pity party for one.  It doesn't help that my sister in law is around 20 weeks pregnant and healthy.  I'm happy for her, just sad for me because we would have been pregnant together.

I've had a hard time at work.  I work in a male environment which is somewhat unforgiving. I made the decision to tell people, because now I need to miss work for all these appts, and my job is inflexible.  Some of my coworkers have been very understanding, but some have been incredibly rude (including one who just had a baby by IVF!). 

We don't go back to the MD until June 13th, which will be just too late to try that month, so now we just wait.    

Anyhow, hope you had a better day! 

Re: 3 losses and waiting.

• Options

Hi Bevo, I'm so sorry for your losses. It is terrible anyone has to go through it once, let alone multiple times. 

So many of us have experienced the isolation of other people not understanding the pain of loss and having to watch others have healthy pregnancies while we grieve. 

The ladies on the main TTCAL board get it too and I would encourage you to post your introduction there so they can start to get to know you and vice versa. This board, 6+, is a really tight knit group of women who actively participated on the main TTCAL board for a minimum of 6 months before moving over here. Many of us still participate on the main board too. You'll be welcomed there with open arms and hopefully you'll be well on your way to your take home baby long before you reach 6 months of participating there, ready to come over to this board. 

The main board has a check in for multiple loss ladies too.

((hugs)) I hope you and your doctor come up with a great plan and that work starts getting easier for you.  

TTC #1 since January 2011
    BFP#1 April 12, 2011, EDD December 24, 2011, strong heart beat at 7w3d, d&c at 10w6d
    BFP#2 Oct 24, 2011, natural miscarriage, EDD unknown
    After RPL testing my losses and subsequent infertility are considered unexplained.
    Cycle #22: Femara, TI, and progesterone = BFP!! 
    BFP#3 Dec 21, 2012. Beta #1 @14dpo = 134, progesterone 67.8. Beta #2 @ 17dpo = 664! Team green, EDD 9/1/13, healthy baby boy born 9/12/13!
    imageimage  My chart.

Congratulations to the fabulous KGS2003! Her sweet boys are here! Grow boys grow!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"