Parenting

cocksackie with no sores, anyone?

A child in my son's daycare had cocksackie.  They won't give us any details about when he/she had it, how long they were out, etc. ( I don't really care who had it, just about whether the child was actually kept long home enough to not be contagious anymore. ) During the week after this was announced, my son seemed to be complaining of stomachache on and off (clutching stomach and saying "oh, oh,"), and then slamming head on things while crying (possibly headache?  he's 1.5 so hard to tell...).  Then, 24 hour fever and woke next am happy--no sores at all.  Now, for last two days, my daughter is complaining of stomachache and headache on and off (they go to the same school, and obviously are exposed to each other at home, too).  I've read that some kids never develop sores, and stomachache, nausea and headache are common indicators, but the school is only excluding kids with fever and/or sores.  This makes me so aggravated--anyone else's kids have the same symptoms without the sores?  And if they're in school, how long did you keep them out?  (Though I'm missing work, I keep my kids home when they don't feel well....apparently I'm in the minority.  Argh!)

Re: cocksackie with no sores, anyone?

• Could be anything.  They catch lots of weird viruses when they're young. 
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • My kids didn't have sores.  The first thing both of them did was put their hand to their head and say "my head hurts" .  Neither of them had ever had or complained of a headache before this.  Both spiked fevers and were pretty miserable.  The doc showed me super faint pinkish colored dots on their palms that were literally the size of a pin prick. I would have never noticed them on my own. 
  • Loading the player...
  • And it was summer so I didn't have to keep them home from anything.  I would just wait until the fever is gone for 24 hrs or check with your ped.
  • When they thought my niece had this she had a fever of over 104 for 5 consecutive days, she also had watery eyes, and her lips were peeling.

She was in the hospital for several days while they ran test after test (since it is an elimination diagnosis) She ended up having a terrible virus but not that.

Photobucket  Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"