Pregnant after 35
Options

Hit a low point this weekend (long)

I felt very pregnant on Saturday, and all symptoms disappeared on Sunday. I know that this can be normal, but so far for me it has been an accurate predictor of pregnancy loss. 

I have sunk into depression because I feel so helpless.  My OB is next to useless.  I asked to be scheduled just for a 10-minute consult so that I could get a bunch of my questions answered as to what to expect from him from this pregnancy (what his "plan" is for monitoring me and treating low progesterone, etc), but he doesn't have any time.  The next time I can see or talk to him is at my appointment next week (which is almost at 7 weeks - my last pregnancy the baby had already stopped growing at 7 weeks).

I'm waiting to hear this week if I can get in to see another OB (my primary doctor is working on it for me) to see if I can find someone who has an interest in helping me fight to keep this baby, if I can.

I'm beyond frustrated, helpless, and angry. I'm not looking forward to the coming week.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hit a low point this weekend (long)

• Options

I'm sorry that you're stressing so much.  It can be so hard after going through multiple losses.  Symptoms can come and go at this stage and it doesn't necessarily mean anything. 

I would just try to do what you are doing and find an OB who is willing to do whatever to put your mind at ease.  Mine basically asked me what I wanted, did I want betas?  early ultrasound, etc?  I chose to get betas done at the beginning and then go in for a 6 week + ultrasound to put my mind more at ease.  I still stressed though even after that.  I think if you have had losses that doesn't go away but maybe if you can see that things are progressing it will help you.  GL.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Sorry to hear about your crappy ob.  I know we all have different experiences - but I also lost all of my symptoms early on and KNEW I was miscarrying again.  It was not a vague feeling - it was a 100% certainty.  Sort of like I knew what day of the week it was or that the sun would rise.  I had even decided how I was going to tell dh.  It was the EXACT same scenario as my previous loss (down to when I lost my symptoms).  

Needless to say I didn't miscarry - but at the time I was certain (and very angry).  I guess my only point is it's not over until it's over.  Hugs and fx for you that your body is just f'n around.  ((hugs))   

imageimage

TTC #1 since 5/10
    BFP #1 7/22/11 - EDD 4/2/11 - M/C 8/15/11 (7w0d)
    BFP #2 9/23/11 - EDD 6/5/12 ♥It's a Girl♥
    BFP #3 2/20/13 - EDD 11/2/13 ♥It's a Girl♥
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am sorry - I hope you can find an OB who will be a better fit for you.  The right doctor can really change things.

Pregnancy Ticker Birthday
  • Options
    imageGracieBlue:

I know we all have different experiences - but I also lost all of my symptoms early on and KNEW I was miscarrying again.  It was not a vague feeling - it was a 100% certainty.    

This is how I felt when I woke up Sunday morning EXACTLY.  I just knew (and I DID know for my previous m/cs, so that doesn't help), something had changed radically overnight.  I hate being such an angry Debbie Downer, it's really not the person I want to be in this pregnancy.

All of your replies really helped my mood, though, so THANK YOU.  I actually feel like I may be able to go get some work done now (I am working from home today)!   

• Options
    Ugh.  Sorry.  A doctor's support can really help, too.  Hopefully, things get better.
  • Options
    steverstever member
    I'm so sorry you're worried. FX that all turns out well.
  • Options
    Sending warm thoughts your way. Hoping that you can find a different OB that is willing to monitor you a little more closely given your history.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Options

What PP said, symptoms come and go, and so can your gut instinct. I was absolutely 100% sure I was going to miscarry. I had horrid cramping, spotting, and my morning sickness suddenly disappeared on a Sunday.So, when I went in for a dating scan the next day and saw an empty sac, I wasn't surprised. Hurt, devastated, resigned, but not surprised. Low and behold, 34w to the day later...I'm still pregnant. Also, my symptoms have come and gone my whole pregnancy.  

I did switch OBs after my first one blew off my concerns. I haven't regretted that choice. I really my Current OB and plan to keep her after baby is born. Talk to friends, check the Internet. A good OB will never blow off your fears. I don't have any advice to give beyond call around and see if one can get you in. Other than that, t&p headed your way.  

• Options
    Can your primary physician check your progesterone level and prescribe it if necessary and then find a new doctor!
    Halloween Shopping
  • Options
    I hope you're able to at least get a quit ultrasound or blood work ordered by your primary doc or someone else!
    Two boys already - ages 5 and 3...

...baby #3 is here...

• Options
    I am so sorry! Hang in there ... pregnancy is all about waiting so even though it sucks, may as well get used to it. Loads and loads of sticky dust for you!
  • Options
    I'm sorry your feeling that way.  I had a spotting scare at 8 1/2 weeks and by the time I got a US (which was really very quick) I was positive I had no pregnancy symtoms, and had already lost the baby.  However the US showed the baby and a heartbeat.  I know it's hard to not stress out, but try.  I really hope you doctor can find you some help.  Good luck!  You are in my thoughts
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"