Baby Showers

I can't be the only one who finds this rude?

I got an invite (on Facebook, 1st pet peeve) invited to her baby shower (for her 2nd child, but DH's first child so I guess its not that bad), but she has "faked" a pregnancy before told people she was pregnant & stayed the same size her "due date" came & went by never got big, never seen a baby so she is already sketchy in my book! But on her registry info from walmart & also on her FB invite she wrote

"You may just 'come and go' if youd like. The only thing we ask (not being rude) is that you include a reciept because we already have random things and we want to prevent duplicates and as most parents know babies can also be very picky!"

First when you feel the need to write "not being rude" than that means your going to be extremely rude, second...I think its extremely rude to try to put "rules" on the gifts that you recieve...(to me after already faking a pregnancy...if this is a fake one,  you'd have a very easy time returning gifts for gift cards when you have reciepts) but what rubs me the wrong way all together is that she writes "Please DO NOT buy diapers smaller than size 2 and DO NOT buy clothing smaller than 36 or 69 (please keep the season changing in mind)" I didn't know children clothing sizes come in 36 or 69... & I won't even mention "keeping the season changing in mind" & than to be picky about what size diapers you recieve...I recieved quite a bit of newborn...I've not opened any JUST IN CASE LO is too big for them already & I can easily exchange them for a bigger size..

But what is probably the best of all is she registered for Formula... really?!?! & also breast milk supplies... I understand sometimes you have to supplement with formula..but I've never seen a baby registry asking people to purchase formula...if your so concerned about what size diapers & season of clothing you get...shouldn't you be concerned that your LO will be too "picky" on the formula he drinks! Maybe he can't drink the formula you have chosen.... I've never seen a registry asking for formula...breast pump yes...(I don't see nothing wrong with that) but registering for 2 different brands of formula... I think this should be filed under "You decided to do the deed so you need to be responsible suppling ________" catergory!

Re: I can't be the only one who finds this rude?

• I find all of it tacky except for the formula/breast milk supplies. I put them on my registry so I could get the completion coupon discount on the stuff. To me that's the same as registering for diapers....no big deal.
  • KarmBKarmB member
    all I can say is.Hmmmmm....

• Loading the player...
  • This is all hilarious!!!

I know nothing about formula and would side eye that on a registry. Who the hell wants to buy something as not fun as formula?! 

She sounds hilarious! I want to meet her and hang out and make fun of her. 

• mlangsmlangs member

Tacky of course.

As far as the sizes go I would assume she means 3-6month and 6-9 month.

However, with her history of "faking" I might wait till after the baby was born IF I were to do anything at all.

Or.... I would do the opposite of everything and go watch this train wreck happen, but I am sick like that.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • She faked a pregnancy?..... Um, I would be skipping that shower.  
  • This is just pure entertainment, I think you should go and then tell us all about it! JK, save yourself the time and money and like pp said, delete...
  • You ladies are constantly posting about obvious ridiculous scenarios, in which you're almost always seeking cofirmation of "tackiness" level. Well, I think your friends often reflect on your own character. Furthermore, gossiping about mentioned friends on Internet forums does nothing for tact, which is obviously so important. Go or don't go. 
  • And you are thinking of attending this train wreck? I'd skip it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image.
  • mlangsmlangs member

imageSamiantha101:
    You ladies are constantly posting about obvious ridiculous scenarios, in which you're almost always seeking cofirmation of "tackiness" level. Well, I think your friends often reflect on your own character. Furthermore, gossiping about mentioned friends on Internet forums does nothing for tact, which is obviously so important. Go or don't go. 

HA! So you have NEVER had any friend or family member do something that you didn't think was quite right? My,my, don't we live the most perfect life. It must be super easy for you to judge everyone around you so easily.

• How well do you know her and her friends and family? Could she have actually been pregnant and miscarried early, and you just never heard?

ETA: Even if she did miscarry her fake pregnancy, I don't get why the heck she put all that stuff on about diaper sizes and what NOT to do and to be sure there is a receipt. That is rude, no matter what. 

• imagemlangs:

imageSamiantha101:
    You ladies are constantly posting about obvious ridiculous scenarios, in which you're almost always seeking cofirmation of "tackiness" level. Well, I think your friends often reflect on your own character. Furthermore, gossiping about mentioned friends on Internet forums does nothing for tact, which is obviously so important. Go or don't go. 

HA! So you have NEVER had any friend or family member do something that you didn't think was quite right? My,my, don't we live the most perfect life. It must be super easy for you to judge everyone around you so easily.

Yes

ETA: Plus, we're talking a "FB" friend.  I think most of us probably have "friends" on FB who we aren't close to and don't really reflect the kind of people who are our close friends.  Some of my "friends" I haven't seen in over 20 years....

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• KarmBKarmB member
    i would so go just for the sheer entertainment.

• clineakclineak member
    Seriously, so tacky!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageSamiantha101:

Says the girl whose husband is practically groping her in her sig pic. 

Oh, wait, you said to be more tactful, right? My bad. 

• imageEastCoastBride:
    imagemlangs:

imageSamiantha101:

Yes

ETA: Plus, we're talking a "FB" friend.  I think most of us probably have "friends" on FB who we aren't close to and don't really reflect the kind of people who are our close friends.  Some of my "friends" I haven't seen in over 20 years....

So you add these people, whose character seems sketchy at best, to have something to gossip about? I don't get it.

• Do you know for sure she definitely faked a pregnancy, as opposed to lost a baby?

• Yeah.... tacky. I would be for skipping this shi!tshow. Just let us know what she posts AFTER the shower. I for one love a story of horribly tackiness.... and I have no issue admitting that lol.
    imageimage Visit The Nest! BabyFetus Ticker :.:.Dear baby boy, No one will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside.:.:
  • Unfriend! She sounds like a wack-job!

• imageEastCoastBride:
    imagemlangs:

imageSamiantha101:

Yes

Yep...this.  Sometimes relatives do things that you would never ever contemplate doing yourself.  I had two nieces have joint showers (one bridal and the other baby).  That was OK...but they invited my mother and myself ON THE SAME INVITE.  I haven't lived with my mother in over 10 years and they know it.  Also, for thank you...we got ONE (addressed to BOTH my mom and myself - even though we got separate cards and gifts AND both women wrote their thank you on the same card.  I couldn't believe it.

I just recently got an invite to my niece's wedding...with registry cards included.  I thought it was odd I wasn't invited to the shower.  Saves me one gift.  LOL

• There is no freaking way I'd go to that!
    Oct Angel Babies Lilypie Maternity tickers BFP #1- 12/7/11 M/C-12/20/11 BFP #2- 2/14/12 EDD- 10/3/12
  • A faked pregnancy? Even if this one is real, this gem of a human being would have been out of my life LONG ago. That is horrible.
    Our Squishy - 8/21/12
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    blog! thescenery.net
  • Oh yeah, I'd definatley skip this one!!!
    Renee- 37 DH - Chad - 39
    2/06 - surprise pregnancy - twins
    3/06 - m/c 1st baby at 6 weeks 
    5/06 -2nd baby had no heartbeat at 14 wks.
    D&E - Bled out. Blood transfusions. Week in ICU - Cheated Death!
    Diagnosis: Blood clotting and bleeding disorder, immune issues, & cervical stenosis
    5/10 - 1st IVF cycle - BFN
    FET - 10/12/10 - BFN
    1/11 - IVF with PGD - BFN
    IVF - May - BFN
    6/11 New RE - fingers crossed!
    9/11 - IVF - 4 transferred
    10/13 - BFP!!
    It's a boy! Clint Michael, Due in June!!!

• gisa886gisa886 member

imageSamiantha101:

Well bless your little heart! This is more entertaining than the OP 

i wish i could be joking but my dad is the music teacher at a church so he owuld be mad. we had sex, all the time how bad i know but we dont want to wait and he said GREAT OH KAY! and I was really feeling the wets? down there- too embarsed to say- but he acted like man.
  • imageSamiantha101:

Yet you keep coming back here and posting.  Go be sanctimonious somewhere else so we don't have to look at your creeper boob groping picture anymore, Mrs. Highhorse. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagemorethancottoncandy:

imageSamiantha101:

Yet you keep coming back here and posting.  Go be sanctimonious somewhere else so we don't have to look at your creeper boob groping picture anymore, Mrs. Highhorse. 

Yes

imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageScout2005:
    imageovertonhayes:

Do you know for sure she definitely faked a pregnancy, as opposed to lost a baby?

Yeah, I was kind of wondering about this too. 

Yeah, people don't always want to advertise it when they lose a baby.

The rest of it is ridiculous, especially that lady with the super creeper husband grabbing her boobs while she lectures us about tact.

• imagemorethancottoncandy:

imageSamiantha101:

Besides, none of us hang out with people exactly like us. We can have cool friends (and it doesn't sound like the OP is really, truly friends with this person) who do things that annoy us. I'm not going to sit back and pretend I don't do things that annoy my friends once in a while. 

• I'd send a reply via facebook that I can't make it and send a nice note (maybe a gift depending on how things go) when/if the baby is born.

I feel bad for this girl (a little) because she is going to have a hard time being so in control when this baby comes, it will be a real shock for her that the littlest one is the one controlling her life!

Keep growing preemie ballerina! Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • CranangCranang member
    Stupid bump burp.
  • CranangCranang member
    imagemorethancottoncandy:

imageSamiantha101:

I commented on that pic on another post.  He's totally copping a feel...

On another note, I think I love you, cottoncandy.Cool

• imageSamiantha101:

Well, I agree. I've had friends do some seriously effed up stuff, and you know what? Rather than gossip about them, I just don't associate with them anymore.

For the record, I don't see a problem with the photo of you and your husband. 

Mr & Mrs H. - It all began 10.21.09
    image Sasha & Melinda - Big Sisters!

• PurrBoxPurrBox member
    imageScout2005:
    imageovertonhayes:

Do you know for sure she definitely faked a pregnancy, as opposed to lost a baby?

Yeah, I was kind of wondering about this too. 

I was just about to ask this.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageCranang:
    imagemorethancottoncandy:

imageSamiantha101:

I commented on that pic on another post.  He's totally copping a feel...

On another note, I think I love you, cottoncandy.Cool

The feeling is mutual!   

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageKarmB:
    all I can say is.Hmmmmm....

first (not related to this post): you're due July 29!!! that's my birthday!! :)

okay now back to the post in question...

I would definitely be skipping out on this one.... this is another case of the parents making the shower about them and not about the baby. 

V|V TSP V|V
  • imageTheFutureMrsH2012:

imageSamiantha101:

Well, I agree. I've had friends do some seriously effed up stuff, and you know what? Rather than gossip about them, I just don't associate with them anymore.

For the record, I don't see a problem with the photo of you and your husband. 

You would agree.

• Liz4444Liz4444 member
    Aren't people lovely?  I'm so glad I'm not on FB.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"