Baby Showers

*sigh* gender reveal party

I just got invited to one.

The guest list is 30 people. On an evite. 

Really, do 30 people care enough to spend a Saturday evening in anticipation of what color the inside of a cake will be? This is for a second baby.

I will be very sad for their DD if it's a boy because both of her parents, especially her dad, go on and on about how they didn't want a girl and he was so upset at the anatomy scan with her that he didn't talk about the baby or pregnancy for a month. The first thing he said to me when he met me was, "so did you really hope for a boy, I really wanted Isabella to be a boy, I am still so upset she's a girl."

I wonder if she'll just be kind of cast aside by him if this one's a boy. 

Re: *sigh* gender reveal party

• Such an AW move.  Do you have "other obligations" that evening?  You seriously couldn't pay me to go to one.
  • CranangCranang member
    imagePunkyBooster:

Really, do 30 people care enough to spend a Saturday evening in anticipation of what color the inside of a cake will be? This is for a second baby.

I will be very sad for their DD if it's a boy because both of her parents, especially her dad, go on and on about how they didn't want a girl and he was so upset at the anatomy scan with her that he didn't talk about the baby or pregnancy for a month. The first thing he said to me when he met me was, "so did you really hope for a boy, I really wanted Isabella to be a boy, I am still so upset she's a girl."

Indifferent Holy sh!t.  Normally I'd never go to one of these, but I think my morbid curiosity would force me to go just to see his reaction if it IS another girl.  Then I'd probably make some b!tchy remark to him after the "reveal."  I'd have a zinger ready, for both boy and girl scenarios.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I would see if someone could bring a video camera and record his first reaction. Then play it back to him. Hopefully he just needs to see what an a hole he is.

What an awful male he is though! What is his daughter going to think when she's older? I see SO many issues coming from this. 

• When someone is so adamant about a particular gender, I have to wonder if the gender reveal at the party is really a surprise for them.  I would highly suspect they know it is the "chosen" boy and just want people to celebrate with them.  But I am cyncial like that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageLolliLately:
    When someone is so adamant about a particular gender, I have to wonder if the gender reveal at the party is really a surprise for them.  I would highly suspect they know it is the "chosen" boy and just want people to celebrate with them.  But I am cyncial like that.

I hadn't thought of this.

Her scan isn't for another 6 weeks. I got the evite today. It's for the day after the scan (which is on a Friday). 

I actually think we may be on vacation that weekend but I need to double check the dates. 

And I am very curious to know what his reaction will be. Part of me would go just for that, but SURELY he would at least fake it if he were upset at pink cake, right? Right? 

• imageMandJS:
    imageCranang:
    imagePunkyBooster:

Indifferent Holy sh!t.  Normally I'd never go to one of these, but I think my morbid curiosity would force me to go just to see his reaction if it IS another girl.  Then I'd probably make some b!tchy remark to him after the "reveal."  I'd have a zinger ready, for both boy and girl scenarios.

Ooooh YES!! Let's craft a poem you can read for each scenario. Please??!! 

Write away. Get those creative juices flowing. I have a meeting at 2 so I must not check this during it for fear of LOL. 

• CranangCranang member
    imageMandJS:
    imageCranang:
    imagePunkyBooster:

PINK SCENARIO:

The baby has no penis again,
    Dad's pouting and whining can now begin.

It's such a shame and kind of sick,
    But this girl's dad is a major d!ck.

They made a big deal and brought us all here,
    And dad's reaction is crystal clear.

He wanted a boy the time before,
    And told everyone that his daughter was a bore.

So just like her sister before, this new girl is also stuck,
    With an a$$hole dad who is a total F*CK.

• imageCranang:
    imageMandJS:
    imageCranang:
    imagePunkyBooster:

PINK SCENARIO:

Wow, very impressive. lol

• Love the poem! I don't get gender revealing unless it's to your family!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • CranangCranang member
    imagePunkyBooster:
    imageCranang:
    imageMandJS:
    imageCranang:
    imagePunkyBooster:

PINK SCENARIO:

Wow, very impressive. lol

Thanks!  LOL.  It's my first attempt.

• Hopefully he realizes that HE is responsible for the baby's gender.  Maybe he only "makes" girls.  LOL  Karma ya know.

BTW...if you don't go...maybe you know someone who will that can fill you in on what his reaction is.

Why would they send an invite out 6 weeks in advance for something this trivial?  and to 30 people?  Ridiculous IMO.

• CranangCranang member

BLUE SCENARIO:

The cake turned out to be blue
    and thankfully it was because here's what's true.

Dad was mad his first was a girl,
    the way he spoke of her almost made me hurl.

Now he's getting the boy he longed for,
    he'll be the only man in the house no more.

Let's just hope this little boy isn't an ass like dad,
    it's hard to imagine he could be quite so bad.

His daugher will feel how much more her brother was wanted here,
    and that makes Dad the super d!ck of the f*cking year!

So in celebration of the correct genitalia, let's raise our glasses!,
    since we all know that Dad is one of the biggest asses!

• imagerhubarb123:

Hopefully he realizes that HE is responsible for the baby's gender.  Maybe he only "makes" girls.  LOL  Karma ya know.

BTW...if you don't go...maybe you know someone who will that can fill you in on what his reaction is.

Why would they send an invite out 6 weeks in advance for something this trivial?  and to 30 people?  Ridiculous IMO.

What if the scan is canceled? What if there is something serious with it? I mean, I have no idea. 

I have only read about these on the bump so I am appalled I just received an evite for one and that I have a friend who is this AWish. 

• Gender reveal parties irk me.  Who really cares what you are having and why do you feel the need to invite 30 people?!?

I had two friends "suggest" to me I should have a Gender Reveal party with baby #2.  I politely told them they were tacky and never would I think of having one. 

• imagePunkyBooster:

this makes me so sad for her =(

• who cares. parties are fun. 
  • I think I'd skip out on that one.

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• imagetemporalrobe:
    who cares. parties are fun. 

Parties are fun. AW what is or isn't between your child's legs isn't fun nor a party so it's really not an "event" worth having.

• I don't know if it's sadder to have a girl being raised by a father who obviously resents her sex or to have a boy being raised by a father who has such a lack of respect for girls and women.
  • amb5353amb5353 member

I'm doing a very small one for my family when I go see them next month. We live in PA, my mom and a few of her family live in MO. I want those few people to feel included. But there are going to be maybe five people!! Thirty seems like a bit much!!

My DH thought we were having a girl and he really wanted a girl! Our a/s showed a boy. He was a little upset at first but not like this guy!! And now he is all thrilled and making plans for what professional sport baby is going to play!!

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagetemporalrobe:
    who cares. parties are fun. 

This... Who cares if she wants to have a party and invite a million people. If you think it's tacky don't go.

We will be having one of these for family only because we love to have a good party. There is no other reason. No gifts are involved and they are inviting you to spend time with them. I see no problem with this.

Af far as the father is concerned I hope he gets another girl. I come from a family where my brother is cherished by my father and now my husband. I have always come last. I feel sorry for this father. One day his daughter will realize he is an ass and drop him like a bad habit.

• imagePunkyBooster:

imageLolliLately:
    When someone is so adamant about a particular gender, I have to wonder if the gender reveal at the party is really a surprise for them.  I would highly suspect they know it is the "chosen" boy and just want people to celebrate with them.  But I am cyncial like that.

I hadn't thought of this.

Her scan isn't for another 6 weeks. I got the evite today. It's for the day after the scan (which is on a Friday). 

I actually think we may be on vacation that weekend but I need to double check the dates. 

And I am very curious to know what his reaction will be. Part of me would go just for that, but SURELY he would at least fake it if he were upset at pink cake, right? Right? 

so.... what happens if the scan goes bad and they don't get a proper reading? OR they guess BOY and when it comes out, its a GIRL? 

how tacky...

V|V TSP V|V
  • imageCranang:
    imageMandJS:
    imageCranang:
    imagePunkyBooster:

PINK SCENARIO:

OMG I just wet myself reading and cracking up to this poem... Im not completely against gender reveal parties (as we are doing one ourselves) however I think only for family and CLOSE friends should be invited!! But that was very creative lol!Big Smile

• With everything we've been through people like this make me sick. What if something horrible is found out at the US?  Some people!!!
    Married DH 5.19.01
    Twin Boys 3.16.02
    Beautiful Girl 2.21.04
    Starting again 5.2011
    M/C #1 6.10.11
    M/C #2 10.17.11
    BFP 3.12.12 !!!!!! DUE 11.22.12 April 10th - fateful ultrasound found pg was CSection Scar Pg. No heartbeat on April 23rd led to D and C, which led to life saving emergency hysterectomy May 7th 2012.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"