May 2011 Moms
Options

Anybody else still not STTN?

Am I alone here? Kerr, how are you doing? DD is still waking up 2-3x / night. We only give her water at night, and I was hoping that would do the trick. I remember several posts of people who weaned down to water saying, "2 nights after we did that, he was STTN!" but um, no. DD has been on only water for 1.5 weeks and is still waking up to drink. And she pees through her onesy, sleeper, and sleep sack almost every freaking night.

Anyone with me?

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

Re: Anybody else still not STTN?

• Options
    bhilyerbhilyer member

Sleep is very hit or miss for us.  We will have a good stretch of both boys STTN for 5-6 nights and then BAM!  They tag team us and take turns waking.

As for the peeing -- Hilyer is on a couple of diuretics and we had the same issue.  I've found that Huggies Overnight diapers hold the most pee.  I buy a size bigger and then put on plastic pants.  We've gone to being wet every morning to maybe being wet one morning a week.

Hang in there! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagebhilyer:

Sleep is very hit or miss for us.  We will have a good stretch of both boys STTN for 5-6 nights and then BAM!  They tag team us and take turns waking.

As for the peeing -- Hilyer is on a couple of diuretics and we had the same issue.  I've found that Huggies Overnight diapers hold the most pee.  I buy a size bigger and then put on plastic pants.  We've gone to being wet every morning to maybe being wet one morning a week.

Hang in there! 

Yeah, I put on a Huggies Overnight, then wrap another Huggies Overnight around her stomach (she sleeps on her stomach, so the pee leaks out the front and up her whole body). But that doesn't contain the leaks out the leg holes.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    You are not alone! We have always struggled with sleep and he is still waking up several times per night. The only difference is I accepted it. I decided when he was 6 mo to bedshare and some nights are great some are brutal. But having him in bed with me makes it more tolerable for me. I'm not ready to stop or sleep train, I don't know if it's true but I read somewhere that the separation anxiety period, which is what we are going through still, is the worst time to sleep train. As for the peeing, the fact that he nurses through the night makes him pee a lot but we cloth diaper and I find that cloth is great containing pee, maybe considering a CD for overnight? I recently had a problem with my CDs and we had to use disposables for overnight and I used 7th generation with no leaks. I know how frustrating leaks can be, especially at night!
  • Options

imageSteph&Harry08:
    You are not alone! We have always struggled with sleep and he is still waking up several times per night. The only difference is I accepted it. I decided when he was 6 mo to bedshare and some nights are great some are brutal. But having him in bed with me makes it more tolerable for me. I'm not ready to stop or sleep train, I don't know if it's true but I read somewhere that the separation anxiety period, which is what we are going through still, is the worst time to sleep train. As for the peeing, the fact that he nurses through the night makes him pee a lot but we cloth diaper and I find that cloth is great containing pee, maybe considering a CD for overnight? I recently had a problem with my CDs and we had to use disposables for overnight and I used 7th generation with no leaks. I know how frustrating leaks can be, especially at night!

I had, too, but now DH is on 7 months of paternity leave (thank you, Germany!), and we're switching off every other night. He had not accepted her waking up so often and was the initiator of the weaning by reducing the formula to water ratio. Since she's ok with just water, I figure that's fine. 

And while I'm sorry there are others of you still waking up multiple times / night, I'm really really glad I'm not the only one.

• Options

Once D started walking, we started getting some really good nights out of him. It was seriously like a switch was flipped in his brain. I've also started giving him WCM through out the day in addition to BF. Whether its a combination, I don't know but I'm thankful. We're still having off nights here and there and this is a very new thing so I still have my fingers crossed. 

You know what I was going through... CIO only solved the nurse to sleep association and never cured the waking through the night. I guess we're just of the camp that when he's ready to sleep, he will. 

((())) 

DS 6.12.11

Hypermenorrhea, Anovulatory & Hypothyroid

TTC#2

My Lack of Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    Babe still wakes 2-3 times a night, nurses, and goes straight back to sleep.
    5.18.11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker EDD 3.12.13
  • Options
    imagekelly321:
    imagebhilyer:

Hang in there! 

Yeah, I put on a Huggies Overnight, then wrap another Huggies Overnight around her stomach (she sleeps on her stomach, so the pee leaks out the front and up her whole body). But that doesn't contain the leaks out the leg holes.

I think you need to try cloth diapers for night time at least!  We've never had a leak and G still nurses 2X a night.

• Options
    My DS still wakes in the middle of the night. Sometimes it is only once and sometimes (like last night) its 5-6 times. I only nurse him once at night though and won't nurse him if he wakes before 2:00am. So usually I nurse him around 2:00-4:00am and then hope he sleeps the rest of the night. Sometimes he keeps waking up every 30-45 minutes after nursing for the rest of the morning like he did last night.
    DS1 5/15/11
    DS2 12/20/12
  • Options
    We still aren't sleeping through the night either ugh! I got 5 hours in a row the other night but that's it. She usually wakes every 3-4 hours if not more. Sometimes I put her in the bed and she does ok and other times she just rolls around everywhere. Sometimes I still put her in her swing just so I can get some sleep!! I havent brought myself to sleep train or let her CIO. I just can't do it. It makes me feel horrible if I even think about letting her cry all by herself! 
  • Options
    imagemullenem:
    imagekelly321:
    imagebhilyer:

Hang in there! 

Oh my gosh, that's crazy!  Have you tried pampers?  The cruisers work best for us overnight (usually in a size up from her daytime diaper)  Huggies always leaked out the legholes on A.

We usually use Pampers during the day, but because the Huggies has special Overnight diapers we decided to give them a try. Since even they can't hold the flood, though, maybe we'll switch back to Pampers (one on normally and one around her stomach) at night and see if they can contain it all.

Honestly, I wanted to CD at the beginning, but I got so intimidated just looking at the different kinds that I gave up. It turned out to be a good thing for us because I couldn't have handled it with all that we went through at the beginning. Still, I'm not really up for trying them now unless someone has a very specific recommendation of what I should get.

• Options

We were doing somewhat better, but now I'm back at work. So we've got some anxiety and some reverse cycling going on.

He's starting to eat more solids and WCM, and I'm hoping in a few weeks he'll be more chill about daycare. On the plus side, DH is doing a bit of cosleeping with him now so I get a few more hours to myself.

• Options

Quick update: After about 3 weeks of only getting water at night, DD STTN for the very first time Sat night!! Of course she was back to being up 2x last night, but whatever. There was actually a whole night that we didn't have to get up to give her a bottle!! There is hope! :-)

And thanks for the tips, everybody.

• Options

Yep, we get the occasional morning where we wake up and say "did you go get her last night?  No?  Wow!  We got a full night's sleep", followed by weeks of "why are you waking up three times a night?".  

My suggestions on cloth diaper depend on what you need - if you're looking to go easiest and most like disposable get yourself some all-in-one (AOI) diapers and bamboo doublers.  The doublers will help absorb even more.  If you're looking to go cheap get pre-folds and covers.  You can add a doubler to those too.  We use pre-folds only and have only had one major leak in a year.

Good luck! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"