Baby Showers

Registering at more then one store?

I was hoping to solely register at Buy Buy Baby.  They recently built one near my house and I love it.  MIL stated that it would be good to register at either Target/Babies R us so that those who are OOT can purchase a gift.  Is it courteous to do so--- or should I just stick with BBB since people can order online?  She mentioned that if I do not register somewhere else, I may end up with gifts not on the registry.  

Thoughts? 

Re: Registering at more then one store?

• I agree with your mother in law. Targets are pretty common and those out of town guests can choose from their selection. Otherwise, yes, you may get some non-preferred items that you won't necessarily like!
  • I also agree with your MIL and the other pp.  I probably would opt for the BBB and Target.  The closest BBB to me is an hour and a half trip and the closest BRU is 45 minutes.  I have 3 Targets within 15-20 minutes.  Many people don't like to purchase things on-line because they don't want to put their CC info "out there" and don't want to pay the shipping charges.
  • Loading the player...
  • Actually, because your MIL specifically mentioned OOT guests, it might not be a bad idea to register somewhere like Amazon.
  • kjskjskjskjs member
    Yes
    imageSexynerd:
    I agree with your mother in law. Targets are pretty common and those out of town guests can choose from their selection. Otherwise, yes, you may get some non-preferred items that you won't necessarily like!
    imageimage
    imageimageimage
  • Can your guests buy online? I have a lot of friends that are older and just don't know how to buy online, so I did walmart and BRU because there are wal-marts everywhere!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • I think it's more important to register at a store that is convenient for your guests.  If you don't, you won't end up with anything from your registry.  In my experience as a guest at showers and as having had my own showers (bridal and baby), a lot of people won't/don't order online.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LLeeD14LLeeD14 member
    I agree with your MIL. I have never seen a Buy Buy Baby store before. I actually never knew it existed until I heard about it on thebump. Target has a ton of stores and when people buy things for showers they tend to want to have that hand on experience when buying something. That way they can make sure it meets their standards or expectations. Sometimes you just can't be sure about what you're buying online. Also if there is none in their area you will force your guests to pay extra because of shipping charges. HTH
  • clineakclineak member
    Yes, I would register at Target, too. I wouldn't want to assume that people would want to pay shipping charges.
  • I love BBB and thought I would register there, but we ended up not doing it because it's not a convenient store for many of my shower guests. Instead, we registered at Babies R Us (there are a ton of these in my area) and Amazon.

Amazon turned out to be a great choice. We're still a few weeks away from the shower, and a ton of stuff has been purchased off of the Amazon registry. Plus, you can usually get free shipping on Amazon if you spend $25, and there's no tax. You also get the 10% off completion discount.

I highly recommend Amazon if you think your guests will want to shop online. Otherwise, I would definitely register at Target too in your situation.

Cautiously expecting our second little petri dish baby - stick, Baby, stick!

BabyFruit Ticker

• CranangCranang member
    imagegolfbride44:

I was hoping to solely register at Buy Buy Baby.  They recently built one near my house and I love it.  MIL stated that it would be good to register at either Target/Babies R us so that those who are OOT can purchase a gift.  Is it courteous to do so--- or should I just stick with BBB since people can order online?  She mentioned that if I do not register somewhere else, I may end up with gifts not on the registry.  

Thoughts? 

Everyone else already covered your question, but a word of advice.  Be prepared that MOST of your gifts won't be from your registry, regardless of how many stores you have one at.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's totally up to you. I don't think your MIL is right that not registering somewhere else = not getting stuff off the registry. People will buy what they want to buy and having multiple registries isn't going to deter them.

GL!!

• I would limit the items that have to be bought online.  My shower is in less than two weeks and nothing has been bought off either registry, yet.  I assume most people will wait until the last minute and have to buy in person.  This is a young, tech savvy group of people, so I assume it's just a matter of not planning that far in advance (not the online thing).  I know I always wait to the last minute. LOL
  • I agree with your MIL.  It's best if you make it easy for the people buying the gifts.
    Renee- 37 DH - Chad - 39
    2/06 - surprise pregnancy - twins
    3/06 - m/c 1st baby at 6 weeks 
    5/06 -2nd baby had no heartbeat at 14 wks.
    D&E - Bled out. Blood transfusions. Week in ICU - Cheated Death!
    Diagnosis: Blood clotting and bleeding disorder, immune issues, & cervical stenosis
    5/10 - 1st IVF cycle - BFN
    FET - 10/12/10 - BFN
    1/11 - IVF with PGD - BFN
    IVF - May - BFN
    6/11 New RE - fingers crossed!
    9/11 - IVF - 4 transferred
    10/13 - BFP!!
    It's a boy! Clint Michael, Due in June!!!

• I registered at Target and BRU.  I live in a decent sized city that has both, but my hometown only has a Target.  My mom really wanted to make sure hometown guests had a convenient place to pick up gifts.  As it turns out, almost everyone bought from my Target registry anyway.  It seems like it's just more convenient because you're always running to Target for something anyway, and there seem to be more Target stores.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"