Georgia Babies
Options

DH is going on a business trip...

So DH is starting his new job today (YAY!!), which means he has to go to Columbia SC for training. He leaves tonight and will be gone until Friday. There was a debate as to when he should go or wait, but this trip is essential in order for him to start the job and he HAS to start the job. So I told him that if he's going to go it's got to be NOW. I am not going to lie I am a nervous wreck about him being 3 or so hours away. He has also been a tremendous help to me with Colin and the house and the cooking. It's going to be a challenge to keep C entertained when all I want to do is collapse. I know we will go to Catch air and the movies this week. Go figure that DH has to go the 1st week preschool is out. 

So basically I am going to pray that baby Brennan doesn't pull any murphy's law crap on me (I am 2cm and he is LOW) and hope that I can run C all over town and tire him out every day.  

Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: DH is going on a business trip...

• Options
    DH has been gone for the last 5 days and I swear, my kids have been angels.  We have stayed busy so that helped, but even so, their moods have been awesome and we have all gotten to bed early every night.  This is on top of even more crazy family illness stuff going on.  I was shocked last night when I looked back over my calendar and saw how much I had successfully accomplished this week!  This has probably been my most demanding and yet most productive week in years.  I'm ready for him to be home for the extra help but luckily, it wasn't nearly as bad as I had anticipated. Hope you get the same scenario!

• Options
    Daisy22Daisy22 member

Yay for starting the new job! Boo for him having to go to training. Good luck with C. I'm exhausted after tuesdays and thursdays with the boys. A lot of times in the evenings I let them watch mickey or oso or a movie b/c I just can't move anymore.

BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    oh boy, I hope the baby stays put.  As far as C goes you could always do the splash fountains in the new Suwanee square.  They always wipe out L. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    K&P414K&P414 member

Good luck!  Have you checked to see if there are any preschool camps you could send C to for the week he is gone?  Tess is going to a gymnastics camp some this summer and it's from 9:3-12:30 and it's not that expensive, only $65 per week.

• Options
    imageK&P414:

Good luck!  Have you checked to see if there are any preschool camps you could send C to for the week he is gone?  Tess is going to a gymnastics camp some this summer and it's from 9:3-12:30 and it's not that expensive, only $65 per week.

I have some camps lined up for the summer but the weeks they are being offered around here are so sporadic. He is signed up for the week of June 4th and then the week the baby is supposed to arrive, which I did not enroll him for. Then there is nothing that I could find in July for his age and there are 2 weeks in August that I signed him up for. I wish there had been something for this week. I also just found out DH was going this past Friday so there was no time to plan. I get to take him to the OB this morning, this should be interesting. I hope he sticks his face in the ipad and doesn't pay attention.  

Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Good luck! Hope baby stays put and your little guy is on his best behavior.

BTW, I also am originally from NJ and relocated to GA 5 years ago when we got married.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My husband had to fly to Philly for work when I was like 38.5 weeks pregnant.  I was super worried, but it all worked out fine (E was stubborn and came 2 weeks late).  Good luck!
    Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"