North Carolina Babies

When DC gives one parent grief, but not the other

DD is suddenly giving me a lot of grief that she doesn't give DH. This has gone on for a little while, but was reiterated when I was gone for four days last week and DH said DD was great. As soon as I returned, she was a pain about things. For instance, he can change her diaper with no issues, but as soon as I do it, she pitches a fit! (And, yes, we approach and perform diaper changes similarly.)

How do you handle it when your DC is giving one parent grief, but not the other?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When DC gives one parent grief, but not the other

• Unfortunately, this happens in stages. It comes & goes. There will be times she will be perfect for you, and a crazy for your hubby. I don't think there is really anything you can do to change it. 

I would just respond to the behavior however you usually discipline. Hope she's in a good phase for ya soon!  

image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • This all started once you returned from a trip? I get this all the time when I leave AT! He is perfect for his daddy and terror for me when I come to pick him up from school etc. It does pass but its like their ticked at you for leaving them and are letting you know! 

Hopefully it will all pass this week. It used to hurt my feelings bc I thought he would be so happy to see me but now I just expect it! 

• Loading the player...
  • haha DS#2 WON'T let ANYONE besides me do ANYTHING for him...it's HORRIBLE!!!!!!!! I'm about to have a fit myself about it, it's becoming so ridiculous. And DS#1 has his moments where he's different around one of us vs. the other. And I see it in my friend who's daughter is the same age as well. Heck she even wouldn't let either of her parents do something for her vs. me doing it for her last time she was here. I think they do it because they can. GL! Tell my neice to be nice to her mommy! Smile
  • Thanks, ladies. Glad to hear this is just a stage!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"