Georgia Babies
Options

Is my insurance sufficient?

Hi..ThIs is my first post.I want suggestion to know that if my maternity insurance of 10k is sufficient. Although I think it isn't.

I am not pregnant right now. Can any one suggest me some suppliment insurance for maternity. Also I read some post about negotiation on Northside hospital..Any one have any is=dea abt it.

Thanks 

Re: Is my insurance sufficient?

• Options
    frlcbfrlcb member
    So you have insurance that covers 10k worth of your delivery? Is that what you are saying? It totally depends on what kind of birth you have, what drugs you have, how much your dr charges, hospital charges, etc.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    To give you an idea of costs, I had an induction, an epidural, vaginal birth, 3.5 days in the hospital (1 day of labor 2.5 days of recovery) and it cost over $20k. 
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My vaginal birth, with a 2-day stay last September cost over $26K. I couldn't believe it. My 5-day c-section stay (with induction) four years ago only cost $15K.
    Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    frlcbfrlcb member

imagemyrall:
    My vaginal birth, with a 2-day stay last September cost over $26K. I couldn't believe it. My 5-day c-section stay (with induction) four years ago only cost $15K.

Wow. My vaginal birth with the same practice, same hospital, went in Monday night, had her Tuesday morning, left Wednesday morning, was $12k. No epidural, did you have one? I did pay more for a waterbirth but am surprised yours was so much more. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

It depends if your insurance has a negotiated rate with the hospital and doctor. 

Before my negotiated rate kicked in, my vaginal delivery was $18K and my c-section (general anesthia) was $30K.  The prices were greatly reduced once the negotiated rate kicked in.

• Options
    My vaginal birth, no epidural, 2-day stay at Piedmont was approx. $14K.

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I was at Northside 5 nights-- induction that turned into c-section and the total cost for me was 17k and Harlie was 3k.  That did not include the doctor's bill, which was about 10k.  This was in 2010.
  • Options
    induction, c-section, about 3-4 days, over $20K at piedmont.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"