VBAC

Vbac birth story

selockarselockar member
On Wednesday May 9th I went to my 40 week 3 day ob appointment. I had been feeling a little off, and started having contractions when I got to the office around 1pm. The Ob checked me and I was at 6cm. I was 5cm the week before. Since I was having contraction she sent me to the hospital. I wasn't feeling any real pain, so I wasn't in a rush. I went home first and packed my bag and waited for my husband to come home. We got to the hospital around 330 and I was at a stretchy 6cm and contracting every 2-3 minutes. I still was not really feeling my contractions, so we walked around L&D for awhile. I was worried that the baby would become anterior if I got my epi and labor slowed, so I was putting it off for a little while.  At 7pm my ob arrived and broke my water. I was at 7cm. I quickly went to 8cm and was feeling a lot of pain. They tried to get me an epi, but the anesthesiologist was in the OR with a c-section and couldn't leave. Looks like I was going to go med free.  I had a great nurse. She and my husband both rubbed my back through each contraction. At 8pm I was ready to push. 22 minutes later Henry Jonathan was born!!!! I was so happy when they placed him on my chest. He was so alert and absolutely perfect! I will never forget that moment. It was part of why I wanted a VBAC and it was amazing!!!

Re: Vbac birth story

• Congrats!  It's wonderful how smoothly everything went and that you had a supportive nurse to help you go med-free!

• Congrats! So happy all went well!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • That sounds like my ideal birth story!  Congrats. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Kie310Kie310 member
    Congrats! This is the kind of story I am striving for!!
  • TwizzleTwizzle member
    Congratulations! Great story!
  • Can I just ask you how far apart your children are? Just because I'm starting to think about VBAC and wonder if it makes a difference? To be clear, I'm not too educated on the topic yet!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"