Maryland Babies
Options

mommy & me classes

Hello there!

So we had DS's 9 month check-up today and all is great, except he is not speaking.....and not babbling either.  I just assumed he would with time, but Pedi is concerned.  DS is not around any other kids, mostly just me and DH, so was thinking a mommy & me class may expose him to more kids talking....and hopefully give him some initiative to talk :)

Does anyone have any experience or inside scoop or a good mommy and me class, we have done baby boosters, but DS is soooooo active its hard to keep him still for that long.  So looking for:

~ class for active 9 month old, crawling but not walking yet, and that doesnt cost a boat load of $$.  Any suggestions, thanks in advance!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: mommy & me classes

• Options
    I think My Gym and Little Gym start classes at about that age. I've never been, but there was recently a post that gave rave reviews.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry at all about your 9 mo not sitting still - and any baby classes you take him to shouldn't expect him to sit still either.  We took Gymboree classes when DD was little and had a blast, Little Gym and My Gym are similar and get good reviews too.  There are lots of music classes and look at your library too for playgroups.  I know lots of County Rec departments do similiar classes to Gymboree, but the equipment isn't as good/new, but the same basic idea - movement and music, using your body, etc.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies! Kathryn are you the one in charge of the playdates, I would be willing to host if anyone is interested. My LO is of course only 9 months, but would love to get him involved in something like this.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Well,

These are FREE suggestions and a HUGE help:

Your local library.

All the libraries in Maryland have activities for babies and their mommys/caretakers to do with them and they are FREE.

My daughter absolutely LOVES it. They had 0-2years and then 2-3 and 3-5 and so on and so forth. They kids get to interact, be read stories, have songs to dance to and the mothers get to learn songs and rhymes and such to do at home.

They have one or two a week and you can check out other libraries in the area to see what they are hosting.

Also, since you are in Baltimore, check out Storyville--it's also free and they have a LOT of activities for your baby to do and tons of kids for your baby to interact with.

And with the nicer weather, definitely check out your local parks.

I LOVE free.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    How far are you from Howard County? They offer a ton of classes for different ages at the libraries. They have a class for 0-24 months at least 3 times a week. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I don't have any suggestions for a mommy & me class but I'm a speech language pathologist. If you have any questions about speech & language development feel free to PM me. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"