8 Weeks Pregnant

8 weeks and still going

Okay so I'm super happy to be pregnant and all but my nausea is killing me.  I vomit too and it sucks. Does anyone else feel like crap? 

Re: 8 weeks and still going

• Luckily I haven't been vomiting, but I have felt nauseated!  This will be the third week of nausea, and tomorrow will begin my 8th week of pregnancy. 

At first I couldn't eat anything because all smells made me queasy, and even thinking about certain foods made me want to vomit.  I tried different things each day to see if it made me feel better, and I just seemed to continue adding to the list of gross and disgusting foods! 

I have figured out now that eating makes me feel better overall, and fruits and heavier, starchy foods have tasted good and have been pleasant for me to overcome the nausea.  I ate mashed potatoes and gravy with a big piece of meatloaf for an early dinner one day this weekend and felt amazing the rest of the night!  Today I made sure I ate bland, but healthy cereal with strawberries for breakfast along with a banana and yogurt and grapes, and now I am feeling pretty good. 

Just try to eat what sounds good, and go with that, so that you fill up your belly.  Now that I have had a couple days in a row with forcing myself to eat, and then feeling good I have had more energy and less weakness!  And don't feel bad if something that sounds good to you may not have the greatest nutrition, because at least you are eating something!  Then maybe you will feel better and more food will sound good :)

Good luck!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Girlie I'm 8 weeks and I'm nauseous all day long. I have been vomiting alot too and I really hope it goes away because its horrible to feel like this all day. Ick!  With my first child I vomited every single day up to 6 n 7 times. I pray to God this isn't the same.

So, J yes I do feel like crap lol Smile Can't deny Im still very happy...

• Loading the player...
  • I am 8 weeks 5 days and I feel nauseas & have headaches pretty much constantly. I try to snack on saltine crackers or peppermints, too.

• I am 8 weeks as well and I am extremely sick if I dont eat anything and it has to be something I am craving , ground beef cooked makes me sick as hell and I can't eat just anything, lately I have been eating yoshinoya with ginger and turkey sausage croissants... its the only thing I can eat right now...as well as crackers , water and juice..I hope it passes I dont wanna neglect my baby....sigh..
  •  8 weeks tomorrow!  This is my third pregnancy and the WORST nausea ever!!!  All I can eat is dry crackers or cereal!  Gingerale is helping a bit...thankfully, I usually get a lunchtime reprive, and am able to get down something nutritious!Ick!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm 8 weeks today, and count myself lucky that nausea has been not so severe that I'm vomiting.  The key for me has definitely been keeping my tummy full but not stuffed.  A lot of people like crackers but I've found that these just don't fill me up.  Non- fat yogurt without artificial sweetener really seems to do the trick for me, and it's nutritious.  I think the protein in it is probably more satisfying for my tummy than crackers and bland food.  I also think I was pretty anxious my first few weeks since this is my first pregnancy.  I always have an upset stomach if I'm anxious.  Try relaxing, and visualizing meeting your sweet baby in another 7 months.
  • I've been having lots of nausea and fatigue! I can barely make it through a full day of work without feeling like I've ran a marathon!

Thankfully for me, I've only vomited 3 times so far.  But there are days, like today, I just feel like dog poo!

• I'm 8 weeks and this is my first pregnancy.  I guess before I got pregnant I always heard "morning sickness" and thought you just got sick in the a.m. and went on with your day.. whew was I wrong! 

I am nauseous morning, noon and night, but the vomiting only comes in the evenings i've noticed.  And it gets really bad if I don't eat every two hours.  It's so hard to eat when you're already nauseous.. ugh!  :(

• You should ask your doctor about Zofran.  It has really helped with my nausea!  Otherwise, yes, I agree with everyone just eat what sounds good!  I definitely feel better when I make myself eat, which may be why I've already gained more weight than I should :)  Good luck.

Oh, and I hear Vitamin B6 helps as well, you may want to ask about that.

• Lucky for me I don't have nausea with this pregnancy or my last but one downfall to no nausea is that I packed on 60 pounds with my first. I hope all the nauseous moms feel better soon but maybe it will hold off excessive weight gain... Trying to find a positive side to it :) feel better!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have been miserable for the past 4 weeks. I am 8 weeks 2 days and my morning sickness is an all day event. I usually have one good day a week where I actually feel like a normal person but other than that one day I am throwing up 4-6 times a day. I got a prescription for Zofran and it hasn't helped at all. I have been living on cereal and popscicles. So you aren't alone. Hopefully it doesn't last too much longer for all of us :)
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am 8 weeks today, and very greatful to be pregnant.  The nausea has been on going now for about 2 weeks, so far I have not been vomitting but feeling ill most of the day.  I have also noticed that I have a hard time with certain foods.  Vegetables seem to be difficult, and I used to eat a huge sald everyday for lunch.  I am finding that the carbs and fruit are easiest for me to tolerate.  I have also found that I am needing to eat something every 2 hours or so or the nausea is worse.  My sister in law is a NP and suggested greated ginger and lemon in hot water to help with the nausea, and apparently you can get some acupuncture to help as well.

I think we all just need to hold in there and remember we are growing little miracles and hopt that it passess soon.

• Agreed. I have been super nauseated since week 4, but starting at 7w4d, I've been vomitting. I threw up 5 times yesterday! Nothing looks good and I can't keep anything down. There will be good days, though! I've had 2-3 good days since my BFP where I actually had enough energy to go for a walk or on a date with my hubby. Knowing the end result helps so much, but this part of the journey is definitely not pleasant. Unfortunately, I have not found a pattern for "safe" foods, but I just eat what I can when I can (so far, I've lost 3 pounds) knowing that I'll be able to safely consume foods soon!
  • this is my first pregnancy, i'm 8 weeks and 3 days and feeling the nausea morning noon and night no matter what i do. it was worse 2 weeks ago when i found out and i'm finally able to eat solid food again without vomiting but i notice if i don't eat every single hour i feel my blood sugar drop and it feels like i haven't eaten in days! it's hard to keep eating when i'm already nauseous but everyone keeps telling me it'll get better. slowly but surely!
  • I'm 8 weeks. This is my first pregnancy and I have been sick all day every day since week 5. It's hard to get excited when I'm this sick but luckily I work with babies and that helps me to remember the gift at the end (But hopefully what they say about the second trimester being better is true!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"