Food Allergy

Should I keep at it?

So, I have been doing the elimination diet now for a week.  I know that it probably will take a few more, but I thought we would see more outcomes.  However, DD is now teething, and so I don't know what to attribute to what.  I started with the diet last Monday, by last Friday, she was up to eating 18-20 oz a day (up from ~12-15oz/day).  She did this Friday and Sat, then Sun had 6 all.day.long.  She did show increasing signs of teething however.  I gave her Tylenol (the Little Teethers type) and she threw up all of the food she ate for me (well, it seemed like all 6 ozs, but I am sure it wasn't).  She doesn't do well with acetometaphine.  So, I am still on the diet, but I am wondering if it is helping much.  I she is pooping less often, but when she pooped on Sat, it seemed less mucusy than normal.  Okay, need some cheerleading here.  Should I continue, or start to go back to eating a few things off the top 8 list and see if anything happens?  Feeling defeated (and, tired).

ETA:  I should add, the reason I went on the diet was because DD wasn't eating well and had mucusy poops.  No eczema or blood in stool (that we can see).

Thanks

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Should I keep at it?

• shotzieshotzie member
    It took 4-5 weeks after I cut dairy and soy from my diet for DD2's poop to go back to normal. I'd give it more time. I was tempted to do a total elimination diet, but our pedi recommended just cutting dairy and soy first since they are the most common culprits. She was very supportive of my desire to bf and she knew it'd be harder for me to continue on such a restrictive diet. I'd just stick with eliminating dairy and soy and if LO's poop isn't better after 3 more weeks, then try cutting out something else. Are you exclusively pumping? Most bf babies don't need more than about 5 oz every feeding regardless of age. It's really easy to overfeed with bottles. Babies like to comfort suck, but they can't stop the flow of a bottle, so they end up draining it. LO could've thrown up from eating too much. The site kellymom.com has tips on bottle feeding bf babies and a calculator to figure out how much to give per feeding.
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"