Eco-Friendly Family
Options

All natural/organic teething gel/tablets?!

My DD is 8 months old and her first 2 teeth are finally here! She is clearly uncomfortable though, and I would really like to ease her pain.

Here's the catch: We try as hard as we can to be a chemical free family, so I'm looking for a product that is as close to all natural as possible. Does such a thing even exist? I researched Hyland's and saw their teething tablets were recalled recently.

I appreciate all advice given!!! I'm a first time Mommy that is lost when it comes to teething and products to use! TIA!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: All natural/organic teething gel/tablets?!

• Options
    I know this sounds odd but I actually know someone in the Hyland's family who told me the recall was bogus and more about FDA politics than anything else. I didn't ask for details but for me personally I trust her to be honest. She mentioned it in passing while we were talking about the FDA's bogus banning of domperidone.
  • Options
    kacellekacelle member
    We use Herbs for Kids Gumomile most often.  We've also used Hyland's tablets.
    Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I swear by the amber teething necklaces. Had one on my son from an early age. He cut all four molars at the same the same time and my only clue was the drooling.

We moved and the necklace was stored for a bit. One day when he was just over 2, he asked to wear his necklace again. Felt inside his mouth, sure enough there were more teeth popping up.

I bought a larger one for myslef and have noticed improvement in arthritis-like pains n
  • Options
    None of the herbs or jells worked for us anyways.

We had more luck with ice or frozen fruit in the mesh teethers mesh or frozen washclothes.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Amber teething necklace, Hylands, and ice.  Worked perfect for her. 

however long the night, dawn will break.

• Options

I agree that hyland's teething tablets recall was mostly political. Myself and at least 4 other families we know use them- they work well. DS has worn his amber teething necklace (inspired by finn) since 4 months and 9 teeth later teething hasn't been that bad (but who knows if that's the necklace or he is just a good teether).

We've also frozen prepared chamomile tea in washcloths and ice cubes (put in mesh feeder)- DS loved sucking on those.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    skyejoskyejo member
    We used Boiron with DD.  It worked great. 
  • Options
    bdschadbdschad member
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"