June 2011 Moms
Options

Let's talk toy boxes

DD was given money so we could get her a toy box (grandma didn't want to pick it out). I have $100 to spend and am willing to throw in a little extra. I want something that will fit in with the decor of our family room, not a princess one or something.

What do you guys have and recommend?

Currently I store all her toys in the PNP.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Let's talk toy boxes

• Options

We have this with baskets in four of the six spaces for toys and books in the other two.  We love it and it doesn't look like a toy box.

https://www.target.com/p/Target-Home-6-Cube-Horizontal-Organizer/-/A-13217324

The shelf was $80 and the baskets were $20 each.  I like that the baskets can come out to help with pick-up and littler toys don't all end up in the very bottom of a toy box.  There is also no lid to pinch fingers and no danger of tipping over the side to get a toy.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have a big basket we were given from Target. It doesn't really fit with our living room but nothing really does because it's a hodge-podge of everything from everyone. But the basket works really well and DD has free access to it w/o having to open/close a lid or worry about hurt little fingers.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
    DD born 5/15/11
    DS born 11/12/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I got mine at homegoods for less than $100 and it's pretty big too.  I looked for a few months though before I found something that was in my budget, was big enough, and would look good in my living room.

I recommend just keeping an eye out at all the bargain places.  Ross.  HomeGoods. etc.

• Options

We got this one for our living room. It was $99 at Walmart, though they also have it at BRU and Target (for more). I love it because it fits with our living room, it doubles as extra seating, it has lots of space inside, and the lid is child-safe (it won't slam). I think it comes in a few other colors too.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Options
    imageSarahKate31:

We got this one for our living room. It was $99 at Walmart, though they also have it at BRU and Target (for more). I love it because it fits with our living room, it doubles as extra seating, it has lots of space inside, and the lid is child-safe (it won't slam). I think it comes in a few other colors too.

This is exactly what I want. I love that it doubles as seating :) It will be good too when we turn hubby's "man cave/game room" into Bay's play room to use as seating.

Our World!!

Blaine Emerson                  Bailey Rae

3-31-14                               6-10-11

image image
  • Options
    We have an old wicker chest. She can open the lid herself and then stand there and gets what she wants to play with out. At the end of the day, it's easy to throw everything back in it and close the lid. It's hinged, but she has only once shut it on her fingers. It's kind of like this one. I know that specific one is out of price range, but just for reference.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"