Adoption

We Got a Call!

My DH and I are licensed foster parents and have been waiting for "the call" for our placement.  Well, today we got a call, not "the call".

We were asked to take two children for respite care this weekend!  I am so excited to have two little ones in our house even if it is only for a few days! 

Also, I feel like this is a good test run for us when we do get "the call".  We are licensed for two children, with a preference for one.  But recently I have really been hoping we'd be asked to take two.  This is a nice way to see what it actually entails!

My blog has a few more details if you are interested. 

Re: We Got a Call!

• Sweet! Good luck with the little ones this weekend!!! I hope the current FP don't just throw them at you without any details! Be sure to get information on their likes/dislikes/bedtimes/normal habits and routines...that will help you and the kiddos! 

• Good luck - hope it's a great weekend!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • image715inNC:

Sweet! Good luck with the little ones this weekend!!! I hope the current FP don't just throw them at you without any details! Be sure to get information on their likes/dislikes/bedtimes/normal habits and routines...that will help you and the kiddos! 

I'm hoping the same thing!  I have a huge list of questions, so I hope they are ready! 

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CheleChele member
    Good luck this weekend!
    10/27/07
  • How fun! 

Side note- I live right outside of Charlotte- we're almost neighbors! :)  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

wife to joe 2.2.08. mama to noah 9.5.09.
    After multiple m/c's, a MTHFR diagnosis and the Lord calling both of our hearts in the same direction, we're adopting!
    theluckiest
    Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
  • Yay GL!!
  • Good luck with the kids this weekend and definitely take advantage of the opportunity to get the experience with 2 kids. Have fun!
  • Thanks so much for all of the well wishes!  We had a wonderful weekend with the kids!  They were super cute and well behaved.  We ended up making it to a birthday party, neighborhood block party and a playdate in the park!  All of that fresh air definitely helped getting them to sleep and sleeping through the night! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"