Parenting after 35

FFFC

I love Garage sales. 

I used to be a big snob about them, but not anymore.

My neighbor (who has 3 boys) is having one right now and I just spent $20 for Charlie stuff on:
A really nice ski jacket, a lightweight jacket, a couple of summer shirts and shorts with drawstring waists, a crapload of boy's underpants (pun intended), some barely used crocs, Star Wars legos jammies and a potty chair.  Oh, and an adorable Naval uniform outfit he can wear this next week at our friend's retirement ceremony.   Plus some other misc stuff.

Jackpot, baby.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: FFFC

• Not really a confession, but I am the ONLY person in my office suite right now, and it's only 1 p.m. We're professors, so we don't really teach on Fridays, but we grade, have meetings, etc. I'm meeting with some people from another university in an hour to give them a tour of our campus; otherwise, I might take off, too.

So, I guess I'm just saying, "hi!" not confessing. I did buy a jogging stroller online this morning, and we're not THAT financially stable that I can just buy stuff (my guy is a SAHD), but I want running to be our family activity Smile 

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Cool finds!! My grandma turned me into a bargain hunter as a kid, I love garage sales. Tomorrow there is a parade of garage sales here...I'm going to the "rich" neighborhood first to see if they've got anything, and going from there.

My FFFC is that I'm off today, eating potato chips and net surfing for a little bit before I go nuts in the house. And I dropped the youngest 3 at daycare. Woot!

• Shain... tying this in to the garage sale theme... have you ever looked for a used jogging stroller?   Seems people can't give those suckers away.  Out here in suburbia, I usually see a few every summer at garage sales.. for super -cheap.  

Not that I've been inspired enough to buy one, mind you.  I did look at a bicycle wagon thingy last year and wussed out.  Mostly because I do not, at this time, own a bicycle to pull the thing.  HA

(That's the evil of garage sales.. I totally buy stuff that I end up never using!)

• imageBrideBuddies:

Shain... tying this in to the garage sale theme... have you ever looked for a used jogging stroller?   Seems people can't give those suckers away.  Out here in suburbia, I usually see a few every summer at garage sales.. for super -cheap.  

Not that I've been inspired enough to buy one, mind you.  I did look at a bicycle wagon thingy last year and wussed out.  Mostly because I do not, at this time, own a bicycle to pull the thing.  HA

(That's the evil of garage sales.. I totally buy stuff that I end up never using!)

I was actually looking at used ones online, but with shipping, it came out about the same as the budget one I bought. The problem is, where I live is really rural and many people are actually at or under poverty level, so there isn't a lot of "nice" stuff at garage sales. 

ETA: The nearest place to buy a new jogging stroller is 90 miles away in the nearest city, so a lot of people don't even have things like that. (I know that sounds weird, but it's true.) 

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageshaindelr:
    imageBrideBuddies:

Shain... tying this in to the garage sale theme... have you ever looked for a used jogging stroller?   Seems people can't give those suckers away.  Out here in suburbia, I usually see a few every summer at garage sales.. for super -cheap.  

I was actually looking at used ones online, but with shipping, it came out about the same as the budget one I bought. The problem is, where I live is really rural and many people are actually at or under poverty level, so there isn't a lot of "nice" stuff at garage sales. 

ETA: The nearest place to buy a new jogging stroller is 90 miles away in the nearest city, so a lot of people don't even have things like that. (I know that sounds weird, but it's true.) 

I believe you! If you were willing to come out here, nearly every other house with kids has a bike trailer. And I'm not sharing mine! There's lots of second hand ones, but even the used decent brands run about $500, without the add ons. Mine is going nowhere. Even if the next stranger that "really likes it" offers me money, weirdos, I'm not wearing a for sale sign.

Cranky lady needs an Aleve. My migraine is back.

• Just wanted to say "hi" and wow gimmietimmies your girls are getting so big! Love the new pics. Hope your day alone was awesome!
  • mwdmwd member

hi,i'm  mwd, and I'm a garage sale junkie. Since DH is out of work, I have been organizing ones for him to go to, but I miss the rush I get from getting a good deal. We'll be having one to sell the smaller sizes, so I have room for the future sizes.....

I need help.  

• imagentyravgmom:
    Just wanted to say "hi" and wow gimmietimmies your girls are getting so big! Love the new pics. Hope your day alone was awesome!

It was! I even got rid of the headache, with the help of a massive amount of caffeine (TY Starbucks, and fu Tim's drive thru lineup), and a beer. Even better was dh cooking dinner (and me setting off the fire alarm cooking the kids dinner).

Yeah, the girls are growing up way too fast! Thanks, I figured the other pics had been there long enough, I'm changing them again though, I got really nice ones on Mother's Day.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"