Pregnant after 35
Options

39w = End of My Patience!

My OB is thrilled with how I'm doing. I haven't gained weight in 4w, my blood pressure is down, and Alien is just thriving away in there. She isn't concerned with his weight. She isn't concerned with his odd question mark position. Head is down, -2 position. I'm 3cm/50%. I'm completely ready to go...but for some reason, my body just isn't listening.  After telling me he'd be evicted on May 18, what does she do? SHE TAKES IT BACK! I'm so depressed. I was looking forward to him being OUT of me this week. She quit talking induction period. I'm really really hoping she'll change her mind next week, because my insurance runs out May 31, and I don't want to pay 597$ in COBRA fees for ONE DAY in June. 

After being told in my 20s I have fertility issues, and getting pregnant unexpectedly at 34, I realize I'm blessed. But, even those who struggled to get here are ready to be done with pregnancy come the end of the line.  

Send me labor dust, please, ladies! 

Re: 39w = End of My Patience!

• Options

FX that baby decides he is ready ASAP!

DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • Options
    Time for a long walk.  Which is of course just what you feel like doing at this point in your life.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think you just need to start walking and things will start moving.  With DS, I was 1cm and hardly effaced at all at my 40w1d appt and beyond ready for him to get the heck out.  The doc tried to stretch things in there a bit to get things going, but it was 2 days of long walks that did the trick.  I went to the mall with my mom for a couple of hours.  I was exhausted, came home and laid down for an hour to rest and when I got up my water broke.  DS arrive 13.5 hrs later and I was still only 1cm when I got to the hospital 1.5 hrs after my water broke.  Sending a bucket full of labour dust your way.  GL.  Hope lo comes this weekend!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

And primrose oil capsules, and lots of pineapple, and labor cookies, and mexican food, etc. Blessings for a baby to come SOON

8 month cutie

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Oh, I hope you go into labor very, very soon!  Fingers crossed!!
  • Options

Lol, walking and activity definitely aren't the issue. That certainly leads to contractions, they just don't stay. I'll have them for anywhere from 1-5 hours, fairly timetable, and just when I start to think they'll change to full on contractions they stop.  I had to buy a crib at the last minute, and I'm kind of hoping that's why my body isn't transitioning over. I have the crib and I'm putting it together this morning. I'd love for him to be born on Armed Forces Day. We're a big military family living in a big military town with a military last name. So...come out little guy, your sister and I want to name you! 

• Options
    Sending lots of labor dust your way!!!! Come on Alien, it's time to meet the world.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Options
    Is your doctor aware that your insurance is going to run out soon? My fingers and toes are crossed for you!

• Options
    steverstever member

Lots of labor dust to you, girl!

And it can pick up quickly. I was a fingertip dilated with DS for weeks, went in for my almost 42 week appointment and was still barely a centimeter, went to L&D the following morning because I'd been contracting since my appointment and was 1.5 centimeters. They almost sent me home! Then a dip in DS's heart rate earned me admission. Even had I been sent home I would have been back in a matter of hours as I started dilating quickly and delivered him 9 hours later.

Sorry for the long hijack, I just wanted to let you know that you can go from nothing happening to the whole shebang really quickly.

I'm really hoping Alien decides to bust out soon!

• Options
    JennyP1JennyP1 member

*lurker from PGA35*

When I had DS my contractions were in full swing and then on the drive to the hospital they stopped completely. The hospital checked me in for monitoring and they told me to get on an exercise ball and rock back and forth like you are riding a horse...OMG my contractions kicked back up again pretty darn quick!

May be worth a shot if you have an exercise ball lying around ;)

Good luck, I hope it won't be too much longer for you.

• Options
    Gobs and gobs of labor dust to ya! Hope he makes an appearance very soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    All the labor dust I can muster coming your way.  I haven't been on for a while, was hoping when I logged on today that there would be a post that Alien had arrived.  Hope it happens for ya soon!! 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"