August 2012 Moms
Options

Did Anyone Have The 'Fruit Punch' For Their Glucose Test?

Just wondering, they offered me fruit punch or orange and I asked which was less awful. I figured fruit punch is already sugary so it can't be THAT bad. Just wanted to know if anyone has actually tried it.

Re: Did Anyone Have The 'Fruit Punch' For Their Glucose Test?

• Options
    They offered me fruit punch or orange.  I asked the same question- what do people complain about the least? ;o)  They said fruit punch was definitely preferred by patients, so that's what I had... I honestly didn't think it was that bad...
    imageimageimage
    Anniversary              Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I had orange with my 1 hour and fruit punch for the 3 hour.  Both were equally fine, but the Fruit punch was sweeter only because the 3 hour drink has more sugar in it.  The orange one taste just like flat orange soda pop.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    babyikebabyike member

I've had all three flavors from my previous pregnancies (lemon lime, orange, and fruit punch).  Honestly they all taste like flat, over-syrupy versions of Sprite, Sunkist, and Hawaiian Punch IMO.  

So, just choose the type of flavor you dislike the least LOL. 

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

VBAC Birth Story    2VBAC Birth Story  

• Options
    I have had it twice now due to the fact that I am a bigger girl and they had me do a glucose test at 12 weeks (results were normal) and I just did my glucose test for gestational diabetes (I will get the results on Monday).  I have to agree with you that fruit punch is pretty sweet and the glucose mix isn't horrible.  I always tell people it's tolerable but I think it leaves a gritty feeling in your mouth.  You know the kind, after going to the dentist and they didn't have you swish enough to get the paste off your teeth!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageAprilF320:
    I have had it twice now due to the fact that I am a bigger girl and they had me do a glucose test at 12 weeks (results were normal) and I just did my glucose test for gestational diabetes (I will get the results on Monday).  I have to agree with you that fruit punch is pretty sweet and the glucose mix isn't horrible.  I always tell people it's tolerable but I think it leaves a gritty feeling in your mouth.  You know the kind, after going to the dentist and they didn't have you swish enough to get the paste off your teeth!

Aaah gross!! :( I am totally bringing a bottle of water for as soon as they are done sucking my blood out. 

• Options
    I just got orange & due to the fact that I had to fast I thought it was quite nice.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I wasn't given a choice, they only had the lemon-lime drink aty OB. It wasn't too bad, tasted like a flat sprite.

imageLilypie Premature Baby tickersimage

imageimage

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

I had a choice between the orange drink or jelly beans.

I chose the jelly beans. I figured it was easier to eat those than drink sugar in 10 minutes. I have my test in 2.5 weeks!

• Options
    I've taken the one hour twice and the three hour once.. and Ive only ever been offered the orange drink. Damn. I kind of would like to have the other!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker *First RE visit 5/10 *B/W & SA Normal! 6/10 *Laprascopy - Removed septum and cyst 7/10 *50 mg Clomid 8/21 +Trigger 9/1 = BFN *50 mg Clomid 9/17 = No response *100 mg Clomid 9/29 + Trigger 10/8= BFP!! *Beta 1= 297 *Beta 2= 612! *It's a Boy! EDD July 4th 2011 *Surprise!! Natural BFP! Beta 1=306, Beta 2= 1100! EDD Aug 18th 2012! IT's a BOY!
  • Options
    imageJayandEmm:

I chose the jelly beans. I figured it was easier to eat those than drink sugar in 10 minutes. I have my test in 2.5 weeks!

-insert super sad/envious face here-

I WANT JELLY BEANS...! 

• Options
    Rox2012Rox2012 member
    I had fruit punch and it was not bad at all! It tasted like a sugary hi c! :)
  • Options
    imagemollyxcate:
    imageJayandEmm:

I WANT JELLY BEANS...! 

I was surprised they offered! Im sure they're just as gross, but I figured it was easier to down sugar beans in 10 minutes than the sugar drink.

• Options
    imageJayandEmm:
    imagemollyxcate:
    imageJayandEmm:

I WANT JELLY BEANS...! 

I was surprised they offered! Im sure they're just as gross, but I figured it was easier to down sugar beans in 10 minutes than the sugar drink.

all of them liquorice flavored. muahhaa! 

• Options
    Yes, I believe this is what I had. I felt worse this time with the fruit punch than I did with the orange. I didn't mind the taste of either of them...but the after effects were not great this time.
    image"Lilypie">imageimage

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I had fruit punch for my 1 hour and orange for my 3 hour. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Halloween Shopping
  • Options
    The fruit punch wasn't as bad as the rest (or in my opinion).  I even asked the nurse because it had been awhile since I had to take it with my DD.  She said all the nurses did a test one day and decided the fruit punch was the least gross, and the lemon-lime was the worst. To me it was still gross, espically when I was throwing it up awhile later.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic C 5.14.08 c 8.9.12 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    The blood draw lady today informed me that the 1 hour drink has 200 calories and the 3 hour test has 400!!!! Are you kidding me?! 400 empty calories of sugar, but I just told her "I haven't ate anything since 8pm last night so I will take the 400 calories!".
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageJayandEmm:

WHAT?!?! I apparently go to the wrong doctor! I want jelly beans next time.  And whats with the 10 minutes you ladies get?  I only got 3!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic C 5.14.08 c 8.9.12 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I have actually heard the jellybeans are good...I don't know why they don't offer them to everyone!  The first time someone told me about it I honestly thought they were lying, until I looked it up for myself!

Glucose test for me next Thursday...yay. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    ks3pinkks3pink member

imageBemyselfandi:
    Yes, I believe this is what I had. I felt worse this time with the fruit punch than I did with the orange. I didn't mind the taste of either of them...but the after effects were not great this time.

Same here.  It took a full 24 hours for me to feel normal again. 

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    KimnBenKimnBen member
    Yes, I had the fruit punch and it wasn't as bad as the orange.  It tastes like gatorade.  I had to go in again because I failed the first time, then I was given the orange...YUCK!
  • Options
    Nikke25Nikke25 member
    I had it and it was OK just flat.
  • Options
    I think I will be less anxious about it if I stop imagining it to be the consistency and flavor of cough syrup...
  • Options
    i am the only person i know who got to have the fruit punch.  i took my glucose test last wed and thought it tasted YUMMY!! it literally tasted exactly like fruit punch. that's why i couldn't figure out why everyone complains about the test.  but then all the girls i talked to said they had to drink some thick orange drink. guess i got lucky! i'd drink the fruit punch just for fun!
  • Options
    I had 5 mins to drink the lemon-lime flavor for my 1 hour. I had heard such horror stories before that I was really nervous about it, but it was not nearly as bad as I expected!  I was able to walk around the complex and shop in a couple of the stores while I was waiting the 1 hour, so that helped too that I didn't just have to sit there.  I never really felt that bad, but after I did come home and take a 1 1/2 hr nap! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"