Preemies

XP: Reflux Moms

Does your DC's reflux get worse at night? My DS does ok during the day - every feeding is a battle, but I can handle it. At night though, he's just awful! He screams and screams - first because he's hungry, and then when I give him the bottle he screams because he's in pain (I think?)! It's usually his 2am-ish feeding that is the worst, and it often takes me 3 hrs to get him settled back down to sleep. By that time he wants to eat again!

Is it normal for reflux to be worse at a certain time during the day or does this sound like something else, colic maybe?

He was on prilosec and is now on zegerid once per day, but that doesn't seem to be doing anything. I'm going back to the pedi next week to see if we can try something else. We try to keep him upright for 30 min after eating, and he sleeps with his bassinet mattress elevated. I am also, on the advice of the pedi, trying a soy formula instead of the Enfamil EnfaCare that he was on to see if he has a milk protein allergy. So far that doesn't seem to help, but it hasn't been long. Is there anything that I can do to help him that I'm not thinking of?

Sorry if this post seems scatterbrained...I'm just trying to think of anything I can possibly do to make this better, and running on very little sleep!
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: XP: Reflux Moms

• Normally, Robbie's is worst in the morning. Night is actually our GOOD time of the day.. Though today it's been pretty crappy all danged day.

I wish I knew what caused it.

Soy formula didn't help us at all.. he just doesn't tolerate formula at all..

• i haven't noticed any consistent patterns regarding time of day. We have tried every type of formula (except soy) even breast milk plain and it didn't make much difference.  I think her little belly just isn't mature yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"