May 2012 Moms

Watery Discharge (TMI - Sorry!)

Since yesterday, I have had a different discharge than normal. It has been super watery. Yesterday, my panty liner could not handle it. Could it be amniotic fluid leaking? I am so silly when it comes to this stuff and I know absolutely nothing being a FTM. Should I be worried? TIA!

Re: Watery Discharge (TMI - Sorry!)

• What does it smell like? Yeah, weird I know, but I've been told that amniotic fluid has sort of a sweet smell.
  • MrsWPMrsWP member

I doubt that its your fluid leaking.  I had the same thing happening to me starting last week.  I called my doc and went in to L&D  apparently it's very normal to have excess watery dc towards the end (especially if your dialated)   They told me that generally if your leaking it will keep flowing and flowing filling pad after pad (not pantyliner).    

That being said, it never hurts to check and if you can go to your doc instead of L&D it should be a pretty quick process..  They may do an exam or they may just swab you (mine did both.)  It'll give you peace of mind and if you are leaking.. then you'll have caught it early!

Good Luck!

• Loading the player...
  • I had that for about 4 days prior to labor.  It was almost like I was peeing myself, if I wasn't wearing a pad I would have to change my underwear.  I had my OB check it under the microscope at my last appointment and it wasn't AF.  She checked me out and said that it looked like I was losing my mucus plug. 

FWIW... I went into labor the night after my OB appointment.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • cryssvcryssv member

I've had it for about a week now. At my last apt I asked the dr about it and she said it was very normal but if i was concerned or completely soaking through to keep the pad or pantyliner on that I was wearing and head to L&D and they'd do a swab to test if it was fluid.

And that's interesting about the above comment on the being part of losing the mucus plug.... within a few days of this starting I lost mine. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I went to L&D over something very similar a week before my son arrived. My discharge was super watery and one day it actually soaked through to my shorts! They checked and my fluid wasn't leaking though ( my water was actually broken over 24 hours after I went into labor by my OB). If you a concerned though go get it checked...they check via u/s, a fern test and a cotton swab test.....there's nothing worse than sitting there worrying!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This happened to me.  I asked my Dr about it.  She checked me and she said my bag was still in tact.  She also said that if it was your water breaking that it would just keeeeep on coming. 

She also said that sometimes at the end of pregnancy it could be sweat too (gross), but its a million degrees where I live so I guess that could contribute to. 

Anyway, asking my Dr. made me feel better, but just know that the same thing happened to me!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    BFP 1: 9/19/11 , DS born 5/28/12 @ 41 weeks

BFP 2: 11/8/13, NMC 11/27/13 @ 8w4d, we love you sweet baby!
    BFP 3: 5/16/14 Stick, sweet little one!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"