January 2011 Moms
Options

MOTN Diaper Change

If this was the only way to ensure LO didn't wet through their diaper, would you do a middle of the night diaper change at this stage of the game?

I did it a few nights ago after a day I knew he drank a ton of water and he woke up nice and dry on the outside. Once I run out of the size 5's I will buy up a size (well, scratch that - I'm going to buy a box of 6 tomorrow since he'll need them one day anyway -- per SH's last suggestion) but he's not even within the range yet of the size 5's. I even bought overnight Pampers and he soaks right through.

I've been dealing with this problem for quite some time and getting sick of it...I'm sure JT is too! 

Re: MOTN Diaper Change

• Options
    It depends on the kid.  I could change Joaquin and not have her wake up as long as I did it slowly and quietly.  I've heard though, that you can make disposable overnight soaker pads by slitting the plastic on the back of a maxi pad open and then sticking it over the diaper.  My kid isn't a heavy wetter so I haven't tried it and ymmv.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagebroccolitree:
    It depends on the kid.  I could change Joaquin and not have her wake up as long as I did it slowly and quietly.  I've heard though, that you can make disposable overnight soaker pads by slitting the plastic on the back of a maxi pad open and then sticking it over the diaper.  My kid isn't a heavy wetter so I haven't tried it and ymmv.
    Inside the diaper? Do you take the plastic off all together? And if not, won't that interfere with letting the urine get to the diaper itself?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have done it many times. I have become like a ninja in my night time diaper changes. It is worth it to me, since I sleep longer if he is dry.

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    we dont do it because p is a light sleeper, if i so much as opened the door he'd wake up let alone jostle him to change him. but he too drinks a ton throughout the day (we live in nm & it's starting to get hot out here). and he frequently pees through everything by the morning but it doesn't seem to bother him (he doesnt wake up sooner or sleep worse when it happens). so i've just become used to stripping the bed & changing things most mornings. we've tried over night diapers, pampers extended use, etc & they're no match for him so i've just continued using the costco (kirkland brand) diapers since they're cheap. i'm hoping it gets better soon since we'd like to start potty training around 2yrs.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Em isn't a heavy wetter, so no need. I used to do it for Aiden sometimes, if I checked and he was soaked. 

Do you a bedtime sippy or bottle? We cut that out around 13 months. I think she stays pretty dry until early morning because of that. We let Aiden have a night time sippy until we started potty training around 24-26 months and it has been an awful habit to break.

It's made nighttime potty training really hard. He just doesn't get himself up to pee and can't hold it all night when he has that sippy right before bed. But he was so used to it by the time we tried to stop that he throws a massive fit if he doesn't get his water at bed time. 

Not saying you do or to stop it, but if you do, it might cut down on the heavy peeing. It will also help when you get to the potty training stage. One less thing to get rid of.

• Options

I was just talking to a friend of mine about this.  She found it strange that I didn't change DD in the middle of the night.  She is too light of a sleeper to change her diaper at night.  I don't even open her door to check on her.

Also, we recently had an issue with night diapers leaking.  I stopped the cup of milk before bed.  Now she gets the milk with dinner, and nothing before bed unless she asks.  It's made a huge difference...no more leaks!!

• Options
    I ensure that DD has nothing to drink 45 mins before bed. She doesn't pee at night at all so we're going to start night time potty training. She is pretty much PTed during the day.
  • Options
    We don't give Joshua a night time beverage and he wakes up completely dry some mornings.  He drinks a good amount of water and milk throughout the day but about an hour before bedtime we quit offering him his cup of water.
  • Options

I can't win with this. The other night she slept from 8pm to 5am (we woke her to go somewhere). Her diaper was wet, but not leaky. Changed her at 5am, put her back down when we got home and she slept until 8am drenched. I don't friggen get it. She must have some super bladder that holds gallons. Her last sippy was about 5oz, at 7:15pm.

Sorry, I'm no help, but I feel for you.

• Options

Thank you all for your responses.

I've realized a few things: 1. I am not alone  2. MOTN changes are often necessary and not crazy  3. I've been thinking the sippy of milk before bed is the cause of some of this but have been hesitant to cut it out - but I will start to work on that!

Thank you thank you thank you!!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"