April 2012 Moms
Options

PSA: I Got Slammed By 'Amazing Registry'

Ok, my hubby just called me and asked if I had created something called 'Amazing Registry.' I had not.

Turns out, he googled our names (first and last) and sure enough, this 'Amazing Registry' pops up--IT HAS EVERYTHING ON IT!!! Everything that we registered for from BBB and Amazon.com. Even our freakin' due date. Unbelievable.

I went to the 'contact us' at the bottom of the page and had it removed. It said it would take up to 10 minutes.

Moral of the story is, Amazon and BBB must either be selling our registries, OR this website scans for peoples' registries and makes it their own. Scary. 

Re: PSA: I Got Slammed By 'Amazing Registry'

• Options
    Yep, they must steal registry information off of other sites.  They found my registries from diapers.com, amazon, BBB, BRU, and Target - crazy!
    April 2012 Mamas Blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Look! I put the diaper on the baby! image Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options
    I just checked mine, too... my babies r us one and my target one where there, but not my amazon on.  annoying.  thanks for the heads up!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh I don't like this. They had my registry too even though it was listed as private on both Amazon and BRU (I was using it pretty much just for planning what I'd need as a FTM).
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    I tried searching for myself, but I just keep getting the "searching" page, and it goes nowhere. 
    Micah Leonard
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

It doesn't show mine at all. My Amazon registry asks if I want to share my registry info with thebump.com which I do not.

Might also be like how weddingchannel.com works for gathering all registry information in one place. 

Mr and Mrs EST 8.19.06

DD#1 3.28.12
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yep, mine's on there too. Thanks for the head's up! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Steffie17, I too marked my Amazon one as 'private' and still got slammed. I'm so annoyed.

I didn't search for myself on 'Amazing Registry' DH just googled our names and it popped up which makes me super annoyed.

• Options
    imagecountdowntolockdown:

Steffie17, I too marked my Amazon one as 'private' and still got slammed. I'm so annoyed.

I didn't search for myself on 'Amazing Registry' DH just googled our names and it popped up which makes me super annoyed.

My Amazon one isn't private. It's just that one from thebump.com it won't come up from searching from thebump. 

Mr and Mrs EST 8.19.06

DD#1 3.28.12
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ewww...We're on there too! Ugh, freaky! I am removing it asap. Thanks for the heads up!
    Baby #2 is on the way!!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Baby #1!
    Charles Edward 4/13/12 
    9 lbs 2 oz 22 & 3/4 inches
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Wow! that is crazy.. mine was there too!
    #1-BFP 08-22-09 ~ M/C 08-31-09 at 5 weeks 6 days
    #2-BFP 08-6-11 ~ Due 04/18 ~ born via c-section April 22, 2012
    My Blog
  • Options
    They had mine too! I got it off.

• Options
    UGH- mine were both on there too. Thanks for the heads up. On a happy note, I was able to see that someone bought us our monitor and highchair and the shower isn't for another six weeks!  WOO HOO!! :)

Emerson Kate born 4/6/12, 5 lbs. 13 oz. 18 3/4 inches.

Happily expecting Baby Mac #2 around 4/13/14

• Options
    Thanks for the heads up! Found mine on there too! Had it removed
  • Options

I was also very upset with this "Amazing Registry".  I registered with myregistry.com (which is wonderful by the way) and the only listing that came up under google was at amazingregistry.com that showed my completely out of date and unfinished registries from sites I wasn't using. 

To solve the problem go to amazingregistry.com and go down to the bottom at click on contact us.  You get a drop down box that says remove my registry.  After you do this they will send you an email with instructions on how to remove the listing from google as well.  I signed up with amazingregistry.com before I did this so you may have to sign up with them first in order to delete the account.  This sounds a little counter intuitive, but it appears to have worked.

• Options
    We have simplified the process to remove your own registry.  The new removal steps are:

1) Go to your registry 
    2) Click on 'Is this your registry' button
    3) Click on 'Remove registry'
    4) Type your name to verify you are the registrant
    5) Click on 'Remove registry'

That's it.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at help@amazingregistry.com.
    Customer Support AmazingRegistry.com help@amazingregistry.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"