January 2011 Moms

Daycare Birthday Party

DD started daycare one month ago, and someone has a birthday on Friday. We were told that it's dress up day for the party. I was wondering if we are expected to take a present? We didn't receive an invitation, but I am not sure.

Re: Daycare Birthday Party

• Hmmm, I don't think it is necessary. I would ask when you P/U your DD today or something and find out what everyone else is doing.   If you want to, you could do something small like some hair clips, or a small toy for a boy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • At my daycare there is a party for each child's bday - sometimes the parents bring in cake and ice cream or they make something right at daycare, there are older kids that play pin the tale on the donkey and stuff but there are no presents exchanged.  I guess I would just double check when you pick up.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagedebperdoo:
    At my daycare there is a party for each child's bday - sometimes the parents bring in cake and ice cream or they make something right at daycare, there are older kids that play pin the tale on the donkey and stuff but there are no presents exchanged.  I guess I would just double check when you pick up.

I was going to ask based on the answers I get on here. I guess it seems as though presents aren't required for the school parties, that I wasn't sure about. I guess I don't want the daycare to say oh sure you can bring one, but no one else does lol

• imageHALFM00N:

imagedebperdoo:
    At my daycare there is a party for each child's bday - sometimes the parents bring in cake and ice cream or they make something right at daycare, there are older kids that play pin the tale on the donkey and stuff but there are no presents exchanged.  I guess I would just double check when you pick up.

I was going to ask based on the answers I get on here. I guess it seems as though presents aren't required for the school parties, that I wasn't sure about. I guess I don't want the daycare to say oh sure you can bring one, but no one else does lol

I also wouldn't want to be the only one who did not bring a present either. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oh man, bringing presents to every kid can get mighty expensive.

I remember when I was in school we got treats and got to have a little party which was lots of fun for us...but we never brought anything. I'm sure things could have changed...let us know what your school says! 

• When the kids have birthdays at daycare, I bring treats and don't expect any gifts from other kids. I don't take gifts for other kids either. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I asked last night and she looked at me and was like HUH?? Haha I am like jeez I don't know what is the protocol!! lol She said no, it's not necessary lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"