Military Families
Options

1st Deployment Question from a lurker

Hi Ladies! DH works for DOD and is leaving for his first deployment with the military in a few weeks, he is flying out of a regular airport on a military flight.  So my question is how do I go about getting  a pass or whatnot to be able to wait at the gate with him before his flight takes off? Im pretty sure I can't just drop him off and expect them to let me go through as well right? TIA
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 1st Deployment Question from a lurker

• Options
    You have to ask at the ticket counter when he checks in. It's completely up to whatever representative you get. There is no standard practice and they may say no. Be prepared for that. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagemeltoine:
    You have to ask at the ticket counter when he checks in. It's completely up to whatever representative you get. There is no standard practice and they may say no. Be prepared for that. 

This has been my experience as well. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you so much!
  • Options
    I recommend changing the specific info from your OP.  Be a bit more vague like "he's leaving in a few weeks but out of a regular airport'" 

CJ 05/29/2013

• Options

imagemeltoine:

Does the air port have a USO? Anytime I have tried to have a family member join me at the gate before deploying I have been told to go to the USO and they issue the pass. If the airport doesnt have a USO then its up to the ticket counter. 

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    image*HiS ChAmAoLe GiRL*:

imagemeltoine:

Does the air port have a USO? Anytime I have tried to have a family member join me at the gate before deploying I have been told to go to the USO and they issue the pass. If the airport doesnt have a USO then its up to the ticket counter. 

I've never tried to get one through the USO. Even in airports with USOs I still go to the ticket counter.  

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"