Military Families
Options

deployment pay

I think I remember seeing a post about this a while back but I cant find it...

My DH deployed at the end of last month and we have yet to see separation pay or hazardous duty pay, is it because it just takes a few pay periods to catch up? I want to make sure something isnt wrong with paper work...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: deployment pay

• Options
    Technically the Military only pays once a month but it is broken up into 2 payments on the LES. So you have really only been through one pay cycle. It could take a few cycles to get the extra pay going but if you are really concerned you can have your DH contact PSD about it.
  • Options

I am not sure what branch your hubby is in, but mine is navy and we dont get seperation pay until we have been apart for 12 months, and we dont get hazardus duty pay unless he is in a "Hazard Zone" which can be as simple as going above the 38th parallel, and his ships have dont this in the past, but it only gets you a month tax free...

I would look in to a little more, and make sure you are really entitled to the pay.

Good Luck with the deployment! I hope the time flys by for you!

Started TTC in 2006, LOTS of trying, and trying, and 7 rounds of IVF with 13 embryos, 2 perfect little boys and 5 loses....
    All finished with babies, started to make diet changes, Keto, to be MORE for my kids, lost 30 pounds, still going, and 3 months in, I had a natural cycle, and then ovulated... Hubs and I are going to see what happens now... Maybe a natural pregnancy? After everything we have been through? Or just a return to normal hormones? We shall see what the future holds!

Baby Dust To All!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    When I deployed, I think we had to be deployed for 30 days before the pay would kick in.

CJ 05/29/2013

• Options

imageBacon+lettuce+tomato:
    When I deployed, I think we had to be deployed for 30 days before the pay would kick in.

This was my experience with the Air Force.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagekfdecarie:

I am not sure what branch your hubby is in, but mine is navy and we dont get seperation pay until we have been apart for 12 months

Family sep kicks in after 30 days.  I don't remember how long it takes to get paid for it though. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Options

Whenever H has gone on a deployment or a TDY trip he has to file for sep. pay when he gets back. He also has to be gone for 30+ days.

Hazardous duty sometimes takes a little while, but you'll be back paid, so it works out in the end.

• Options
    MiahTMiahT member
    Our experience with separation pay (Army) has been that it doesn't kick in until the pay period after he's been gone for 30 full days.  I believe hazardous pay starts accruing once they're in place, but you may not see it on an LES until a full month after he's deployed.
  • Options

imageMiahT:
    Our experience with separation pay (Army) has been that it doesn't kick in until the pay period after he's been gone for 30 full days.  I believe hazardous pay starts accruing once they're in place, but you may not see it on an LES until a full month after he's deployed.

This. When DH deployed last year for 12 months I remember that sep. pay didn't officially kick in until 30 days of desperation had passed and haz. Pay was back paid from the time he got to where he was going. I wanna say it was two full months before we saw the extra money. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagekfdecarie:

... and we dont get hazardus duty pay unless he is in a "Hazard Zone" which can be as simple as going above the 38th parallel, and his ships have dont this in the past, but it only gets you a month tax free...

While it is true that ships get hazard pay for going into danger zones, they have changed the rules for how much you get paid. It used to be that you go in the area once in a month and you got paid for the whole month. Now they are only paying for the days you are there. And it's not even a lot.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/2012/02/military-prorated-imminent-danger-pay-starts-this-month-020212w/ 

Gabriel 09-11-2012 No dairy, egg, peanuts, tree nuts
    DSC_0803
    DH deployed since July 22
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"