School-Aged Children
Options

What mothers REALLY want for M day

DH heard a thing on the radio that the most commonly given gift for Mothers Day is flowers.  However, this story said that flowers are not the most commonly asked for item.  Apparently, the thing mothers ask for the most is for the father to take the children and go somewhere else.

When my kids were small and I was mostly at home with them during the week, what I wanted most was a break.  Now that they are both in school and I am teaching again, I want to spend the day with them.

WDYT?  Do moms mostly want a break or quality time?  

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade

Re: What mothers REALLY want for M day

• Options

It's not that I want a break away from my kids, I just want a break from doing all of the adult stuff that comes with being a parent for a day. I want to sleep in, not cook, not clean, not do laundry, etc.  But, I don't want a messy house with laundry piling up at the end of the day either.

I really love those fill in the blank things they do in school.  I will be sad when my kids are all too old to do those.  They are hilarious!  (e.g. DS wrote down that my favorite drink is water (thank g-d, that could have been interesting), favorite food is sloppy joes (I guess I make those a lot) and my favorite place to shop is the grocery store.  haha!). 

Mostly, I really just like to spend the day with my DH and kids.  But, I don't mind getting away alone for an hour for a pedicure too. 

DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • Options
    MrsSRMrsSR member

I don't know... but this year I wanted to be with DD.  I have many years ahead to be without her.

But ask me this when she's a teen.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"