Preemies

Pregnant after preemie-progesterone shots

Hi ladies, I am 15 weeks pregnant with my second baby, my first one was born at 34 weeks due to PTL, he is 30 mo old now and doing wonderfully! I had a question for the moms that are taking makenna (sp?), I am planning on starting the shots soon, currently waiting for insurance paperwork, and wanted to know:

-when did you started taking the shots?

-when did you deliver? 

-any side effect? 

Any other info on your experience that you'd like to share with me is welcomed. 

Thanks a bunch! 

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Pregnant after preemie-progesterone shots

• My first baby was born at 33w due to pre-e and my water breaking. I started taking the shots at 16 weeks with my second. I delivered at 34w due to ptl. The only side effects I had was itching at the injection site. Good Luck and congrats!

• I took the compounded form of the drug (P-17 or 17-P...I've heard it both ways).  I started them at 16 weeks, and took the last one at 36 weeks (so 20 shots in all).  I delivered at 38 weeks 1 day...on my own.  I had some burning and itching at the injection site...but that was it.  My first son was born at 34 weeks 5 days due to pPROM.  We have a check in for Pregnant after Preemie moms.  You should hop on over and introduce yourself.  I'm going to post this week's check in in just a few minutes.  :)  H&H pregnancy to you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"