June 2011 Moms
Options

Clicky: how many words

Just curious how many purposeful words (without prompting and consistant) your LO has these days.[Poll]
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Clicky: how many words

• Options
    besides mumma and dadda - C has started saying "Woof" when we see a dog and point and says "tees" for trees.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Abby says mama, dada (OK, it sounds more like tatat, but whatever), and key for kitty. 

Lil just says mama on a regular basis.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Isabella sometimes says mama and dada but her favorite word is "dog". Whenever our dog walks by or barks she says "dog!" She has started pointing at other dogs on walks too and says dog.

• Options
    Rumor has it she once called the dog next door 'cat'. That's about it.
  • Options
    jcsumm0jcsumm0 member
    The other day I was ready to give her "kee-kee" for kitty, but she hasn't been saying it consistanty since.  So still none.  I'm trying not to get worried.
  • Options

He says "key" for kitty but no other words consistently.  He said "car" clear as day yesterday but it's only happened once so far. 

ETA: and he said "car" several more times today when reading his book, so I guess he's officially saying 2 words. 

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    None. I'm trying not to be concerned, but I can't help it.
    Lilypie - (eo79)
     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I clicked 3 but one of those 3 is "woof" does that count? DS says Mama, Dada and Woof when he sees a dog.
  • Options
    He says "mum mum" and "dada" but neither with meaning. I'm not concerned. DD was an early talker but plenty of babies that we were around at the time that didn't talk much at 1, have caught up. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

Definitely zero, and I am not at all concerned.  DS2 was a very late talker...I cannot even fathom a baby that talks this early!  He says "mama", "dada" and "baba", but nothing with consistent meaning.

DS1 was saying "uh-oh" with meaning at a year; "mama" and "dada" with meaning around 16 mon.  Yep, very late.  And now he won't stop talking, though some of it is still unintelligible. Stick out tongue

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    He's started copying me if I say "mama" - does that count as a word with meaning? He says dadada all the time, but not to DH, and not when we say it to him. He babbles all the time but mainly it's unintelligible.
    Lilypie - (8zJg)Lilypie - (Eu83)
  • Options
    cvl105cvl105 member
    a big fat ZERO here.
    ~Chelsea~
    image"">imageimage
  • Options

Mama, Dada (more like mom and dad though!), itty (kitty), baaaallll (ball), aaaat (bat)

ETA: He once said Bike, but just once, and last night purely by coincidence he said dot, while pointing to a dot in a piece of art at dinner last night.   

• Options
    mom6311mom6311 member
    I'm glad I'm not the only one with only 1 or 2 words... I was starting to worry. :) DD says "dadda" and "all done", but not more than that. She babbles like crazy, but I hear some moms saying their children have around 10 words and that blows my mind. DD will copy what we say sometimes, but I was just curious how many LO's are saying without prompts. Thanks, ladies!!!
  • Options
    Just 1 - momma. She says it with purpose to get my attention, but so far, only when she's been upset.
    BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • Options
    jgengo0jgengo0 member

Audra still hasn't said mamma or dada yet....

she does say: all done, tells our dog to come, says uh oh when she drops things and if we ask her " what does the dog say?" she will bark. 

Lost Lilah (Audra's twin) at 26 weeks. Cause unknown. Forever in our hearts
  • Options
    These polls always make me feel like N is so far behind (he has zero words) but really, it's SO EARLY for kids to be saying much.
  • Options

I was concerned about C's speech, so I started researching.  I keep thinking back to one site that said, "It you expect your child to speak before they're one, you watch too much television."  That's my comfort. 

C will say dada consistently, unprompted,  and with intent.  That's all.  He has said, "byebye" before, but only when prompted and not every time (pretty seldom, actually).  If we are calling the dog (Gibson), he'll copy with "gish" sometimes.  

He keeps adding new consonants, though, so I'm hoping that is enough language development for this stage.   

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

• Options
    Jagger says mama and dada with meaning and he will moo when he sees a cow our we ask him what a cow says. Occasionally he will say all done but i'm not counting that one yet. I only voted for 2 words though because I consider moo to be more of a sound than a word.
  • Options

Bailey is a talker

With intent - mama, dada, papa (her favorite), nana, pupay (pupy), and just over the weekend she waves her hand and says bubye.

Our World!!

Blaine Emerson                  Bailey Rae

3-31-14                               6-10-11

image image
  • Options

Ash has said Dada for awhile (actually dadadada), and last week he started with what we are sure is doggy (dawie) and Hi (this one he gets right but he drags it out)! Both which he frequently uses upon seeing my sisters dog.

Yesterday he finally started calling me Mama.

We actually didn't notice some of the words he was saying until others pointed it out. I think we just got used to him babbling constantly that we weren't noticing certain words he was using every time he saw something (the dog for instance)

• Options
    I voted for 2, because she says Mama and Dada consistently. They don't just mean me and MH, though, they mean she wants attention or help from whatever adult is watching her. She's said "buhbuh" when looking at a picture of an actual baby a couple of times, but not regularly yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"