Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Hi

Do you guys have any tips for keeping a 2 year old in his toddler bed? He has discovered how to get out of it, at first just in the morning, but now he thinks it's amusing to get out and have me put him back to bed. Help!

Re: Hi

• I thought you were deactivating this account. Are you going to update us?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMarSamWhitney:
    I thought you were deactivating this account. Are you going to update us?

I guess they haven't deactivated it. Thought I would ask you knowledgeable ladies about the bedtime issue. Would you like me to update you?

• Loading the player...
  • imageMyOwnLady2:

imageMarSamWhitney:

I guess they haven't deactivated it. Thought I would ask you knowledgeable ladies about the bedtime issue. Would you like me to update you?

Nah, its cool.

• imageMarSamWhitney:
    imageMyOwnLady2:

imageMarSamWhitney:

Nah, its cool.

Ok.

• imageMyOwnLady2:
    imageMarSamWhitney:
    imageMyOwnLady2:

imageMarSamWhitney:

Nah, its cool.

Ok.

Alrighty.

• imageMarSamWhitney:
    imageMyOwnLady2:
    imageMarSamWhitney:
    imageMyOwnLady2:

imageMarSamWhitney:

Nah, its cool.

Ok.

Alrighty.

Lol...so any advice on keeping him in his toddler bed without making it a game?

• Nope. LO still in a crib.  I would just make sure everything in LO's room is baby proofed, and a gate at the door, or whatever.  I know some people use those color coated clocks and what not, not sure if they work.

Ok ok, I'll bite.  Are you seperated from your SO or what?

Edit: meaning, has he left you alone?! I sure hope so!

• imageMarSamWhitney:

Nope. LO still in a crib.  I would just make sure everything in LO's room is baby proofed, and a gate at the door, or whatever.  I know some people use those color coated clocks and what not, not sure if they work.

Ok ok, I'll bite.  Are you seperated from your SO or what?

Edit: meaning, has he left you alone?! I sure hope so!

My ex quit his job so he doesn't have to pay child support. We are legally separated, and he has given up all custody rights. If he doesn't show up to the next court date, they will grant my divorce by default. Also, they will issue a warrent for contempt of court (at least my lawyer will ask for it). I believe he has gone back to India, or will soon. I have been being followed, so my guess is either he or someone he has hired is trying to figure out my schedule so they can kidnap Adi. The court has Adi's passport, but my ex has told me many a time that he could get a fake one in India for less than the price of a meal at McDonald's.

Oh, and I have a job interview on Monday. It's a second interview. I am still hosting, but this one would be back in banking, 20 hrs/week, $11.25/hr...would be nice...

• I gotta leave for work, but will be back around 9pm CST. If anyone has any advice or questions, just reply, and I'll get back to you lol
  • Spanking, duct tape, jack d.. 

Kidding. My kid is still in his crib so I'm of no help. Just felt like being silly.

Hope your DH situation gets resolved once and for all soon enough.  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • We're converting tonight. 

The Super Nanny method is this: First time, say, "It's bed time. Get back in bed," and put LO back in bed. For all subsequent occurrences, say nothing and walk LO back to bed and close the door. Repeat as necessary. The key is that after the first time, you say absolutely nothing. My understanding is that it happens 54932085490 times the first night, then 3 times the second night, and then that's pretty much it. Or something like that.

Also, I second the recommendation for childproofing the room and putting a baby gate in the doorway. We plan to use the method above, but put the baby gate in the doorway when we go to bed, so that he doesn't have free roam of the house if he wakes up at 4 am.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Just got home from work...

I think the Super Nanny thing worked...tonight, it didn't take as long or as many trips back and forth. I didn't say anything after the first time. He seemed to realize that it wasn't gonna happen as a game. His room is already childproofed (the whole apartment is), but will put the baby gate up in his doorway tonight.

Thanks for all the advice, Ladies...really appreaciate it!

• J+MSJ+MS member
    I don't have any advice, but good luck to you.
    "Seriously, mommy forum people are some crazy ass bitches." New Year New You
  • If we didn't keep Jack's door closed at night, he would neither be able to get to sleep (because we live in a small place, and don't go to bed at 9) nor would he stay in bed. 

We keep the door closed. When he learns to open the door, we will get a childproof door handle thingy. When he figures that out, hopefully he'll be 16 and can get a job so he can get a new bed, since his toddler bed might be a bit tight by then. 

Jack Anderson 2.28.10 Our amazing little man. image
  • imageNastyAnnie:

If we didn't keep Jack's door closed at night, he would neither be able to get to sleep (because we live in a small place, and don't go to bed at 9) nor would he stay in bed. 

We keep the door closed. When he learns to open the door, we will get a childproof door handle thingy. When he figures that out, hopefully he'll be 16 and can get a job so he can get a new bed, since his toddler bed might be a bit tight by then

Oh, NastyAnnie, how I have missed you!!! Lol!

• imageMyOwnLady2:

:) Happy to help.

Seriously though, keep the door shut. That will help. We also have blackout curtains, to cut the light from his big window, and the sound of cars driving by. He knows now that when we pull the blinds and curtains closed, turn of the light, and close the door, there is nothing to do but sleep.  

• imageNastyAnnie:
    imageMyOwnLady2:

:) Happy to help.

Seriously though, keep the door shut. That will help. We also have blackout curtains, to cut the light from his big window, and the sound of cars driving by. He knows now that when we pull the blinds and curtains closed, turn of the light, and close the door, there is nothing to do but sleep.  

Blackout curtains....very good idea...will keep the light (and hired eyes) out....Thanks!

• Totes. We took his nightlight too. He always had one in the crib, but once he moved to a toddler bed it was just a distraction. He'd use the light to go play when he should have been sleeping. Total darkness was more effective than crib bars for us. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"