Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

hello- again

well, i posted yesterday and ended up deleting the post because i didn't want to have given up hope until i got my results this morning...  

i know you have all gone through this and i am so sorry. i dont know how you deal with this, especially more than once. i feel like such a basket case.

how long did it take for your levels to go back to 0? Mine started at 4076 on Monday night at the ER and are at 678 as of this morning.  

i'm sorry that we are all here on this board but i'm glad to know that i knew i had somewhere to come when i found out this morning. thank you for your support- even through the other posts that i was reading and wasn't apart of. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: hello- again

• Levels drop at a different rate for everyone.  I'm waiting on a call right now, to see what mine are from my blood draw this morning.  The day before my miscarriage, they were at 10,000 - that was on the 16th of this month.  I'll let you know what mine are now, as soon as I hear back.  Are you still bleeding?  I'm only just barely spotting now.

Missing our little turkey.
    Estimated Due Date 11/13/12 | Natural Miscarriage 4/17/12

Daisypath Anniversary tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • very little... 1-2 light pads a day... i was bleeding monday night(really heavy), and tues, wed period like.

I was suppose to be at 10 weeks but they said in the ER that 4076 was a 6 week number. Does that mean my levels went from a 10 week level to a 6 week level on Monday? or I haven't been pregnant for a month?

• Loading the player...
  • I'm no expert, as this is my first experience with miscarriage.  But, I think if your numbers were dropping, that just means that your body was starting to take care of things on its own.  I was supposed to be 9 weeks on the 13th, but the baby was only measuring 6 weeks.  That day, my hcg was at 14,850.  The next day when I went to the ER for heavy spotting, my cervix was still closed and the baby was still in my uterus, but my hcg was down to 13,700.  And 2 days later it was down to 10,000.  The day after that, I miscarried.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm sorry you're back today. I was hoping you wouldn't be (if you know what I mean, hope that doesn't come out wrong!).

It takes varying times for everyone. With my first my levels were at 17,000 on the day of my D&C. I was at 0 about 4 weeks later. AF showed up a few days after that. With my second my levels were closer to 100,000 and it took 6-7 weeks to get to zero. And with my third...my levels were only 300 and it took less than a week. Assuming there is no tissue left then you should get back to zero within 4 weeks. For some its a lot faster and others it just takes forever. The fact that yours are already down to 678 is a good sign though. (((Hugs)))

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

• imageDeMom510:

very little... 1-2 light pads a day... i was bleeding monday night(really heavy), and tues, wed period like.

I was suppose to be at 10 weeks but they said in the ER that 4076 was a 6 week number. Does that mean my levels went from a 10 week level to a 6 week level on Monday? or I haven't been pregnant for a month?

They wouldn't drop that much in just one day. Chances are they were dropping for a while but there is no way to know exactly when you lost the baby by going off of betas. You'd  have to go off of measurements on an ultrasound.

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

• I just heard back from my dr.

Ok, so on April 13th when I should have been 9 weeks, but the baby was measuring at 6 weeks, my hcg was 14,850.  The next day I was spotting, but my cervix was still closed - hcg was at 13,700.  On the 16th hcg was down to 10,000.  Between 1:30am and 6:00am on the 17th, I miscarried.  Now on 27th, hcg is at 52.9 and I'm barely spotting.  I'll go back in a week and have blood drawn again.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • i'm a little confused? I thought as soon as your levels were dropping , that meant you had a miscarriage?  the nurse said to me that my levels have dropped so that means i miscarried? how do you know a specific time?  when i go back next week, are they going to have to check my cervix again? at the ER monday it was still closed and they said the baby was measuring at 6 weeks.(which must've been incorrect?)

sorry for so many questions. thank you for all of your support 

• When I say that I miscarried that day, I mean that's the day I passed the tissue.  I'm sorry I didn't make it more clear.  I hope that makes more sense.  We had our first appointment on the 13th and I had not experienced any spotting or cramping at that time.  Sometime that night while I was sleeping, I had some light brown spotting.  We hoped it was just from irritation from the ultrasound (even though the baby was only measuring 6 weeks, she never got a great angle, and there was still some hope that the baby was just "hiding" sort or something.  And my hcg was at almost 15,000, so it was still possibly a viable pregnancy).  Throughout that day and that evening, the spotting turned bright red and got heavier.  There was a storm coming, so we decided to go ahead and go the ER.  At that time, my cervix was still close and the baby was still in my uterus, but was only measuring 6 weeks for sure.  And my #'s had dropped to 13,700.  By Monday, it was like a "light flow" day of my usual period and the cramping had worsened.  And my blood draw showed my hcg was down to 10,000.  Early Tuesday morning (1:30am) I woke up crying in pain and eventually passed a lot of blood and some clots.  By 6pm that "episode" was mostly over.  The horrible back pain was mostly gone, and the cramps had lessened.  I had a scheduled dr's appointment that morning (the 17th) at 9am.  She did another u/s and I had passed all but 1 clot.  It eventually passed (with a billions times less pain) on Friday the 20th.  By the 24th, I was just having light spotting again, and today the spotting it almost totally gone. I had a follow up appointment yesterday (the 26th) and the u/s showed that everything is back to normal.  The blood work I had done today, was just the verify that my #'s are still dropping and that I have likely naturally passed all of the tissue for sure.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • oh that makes more sense... i had a lot of clots on monday night in the ER but that was all before the u/s.  i haven't had any more since. i wonder if that means i still have more bleeding to come...

it's all so scary. thanks for explaining it to me. i have an appt next thursday morning but i feel like thats so far away with all the questions that i have, ykwim? 

• imageDeMom510:

oh that makes more sense... i had a lot of clots on monday night in the ER but that was all before the u/s.  i haven't had any more since. i wonder if that means i still have more bleeding to come...

it's all so scary. thanks for explaining it to me. i have an appt next thursday morning but i feel like thats so far away with all the questions that i have, ykwim? 

Like I said, I'm not expert.  And my miscarriage seems to have been fairly straight forward and "uneventful" (for lack of a better word - and knock on wood).  But I do wonder about them telling you your cervix was closed.  Maybe someone else who has more knowledge that I do can give you more information on that part.  It seems like it would have to be open, for you to be able to pass clots.  Did you have any pain/cramping along with it?  Did they see anything in your uterus when they did the ultrasound?  If the baby or more clots were still in there, then you'd have to pass them eventually.  If not naturally, they may have to do a d&c.  I'm just not sure.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • ahh.. guess i'll have to wait until my appt.

I had a lot of pain and cramping. in the u/s they saw what looked like the baby at 6 weeks but couldn't find a heartbeat.  the cramping before the u/s  was constant but after it was contraction like- every 2-3 minutes.

yeah, so i just dont know! 

• glad yours was "uneventful" too and hope it stays that way!
  • so sorry
    BFP#1 1/24/12 ~ EDD 10/3/12 ~ Natural m/c 2/23/12 8w/3d. Hysteroscopy 4/20/12 - 2 fibroids removed
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"