Health & Exercise
Options

Can you critique my pregnancy diet?

This is my plan for next week.  Does this look balanced enough?

Breakfast
Glass of milk
Homemade egg mcmuffin - whole wheat english muffin, slice of swiss, egg, slice of ham or turkey

Snack
Yogurt

Lunch
Lean Cuisine -- it is just so easy!
Veggies with hummus - cauliflower, carrots, broccoli

Snack
Piece of fruit and string cheese

Dinner
Obviously varies, but some type of meat, starch and veggie
Glass of milk

I'm taking prenatal vitamins and drinking loads of water during the day.  This is my first time pregnant, so I'm semi-lost. 

Thanks!

Baby Boy born sleeping at 20 weeks.

Re: Can you critique my pregnancy diet?

• Options
    It sounds healthy to me.  I have a 4 month old.  My OB basically told me to eat the normal amount of calories I usually eat and add 300 extra.  She said basically thats like a half of a PB and J sandwich.  I think prenatals are key.  When I was pregnant I ate three meals a day plus three snacks.  Maybe add a small snack before bed...I used to make a smoothie with fruit, milk, and a spoonful of peanut butter.
  • Options

Seems good in my opinion! You seem to be getting protein at every meal but also make sure you have LOTS of fruit and veggies.  Can't have too many of those :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Looks good in an ideal world.  I had m/s so bad with #3 that nothing ever sounded good and what tasted good was not healthy!  Plus, I was always hungry all the time!!
  • Options

It seems a little light on fruit to me. Maybe you could add orange, grapes, berries, or melon with breakfast and/or a fruit and yogurt combo for dessert?

Dr. Sears has some nice ideas on pregnancy eating that you could peruse and see if they appeal to you.

• Options

It sounds pretty good! I would probably opt for whole grains for breakfast, like muesli and oatmeal, as well as some fruit, instead of the egg mcmuffin.I add peanut butter to mine for extra protein. So good!

You sound like you are getting plenty of protein, but could probably use some more complex grains and fruits/veggies. Good job on the water. I need to be better about that!

• Options
    looks awesome to me....i wish i could have ate that little when i was pregnant.  I was SO hungry the entire pregnancy I had 6 full meals every day with a midnight snack at 4am.  got old really fast
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    kacellekacelle member
    I would substitute the Lean Cuisine meals with something unprocessed and add more fruits, but other than that it looks great.  WTG!
    Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • Options
    kudos on lots of calcium! its a big deal!! i eat alot of yogurt or drink milk in a day!! mind u yogurt right now is one of my cravings LOL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I would vary up the breakfast. maybe oatmeal, a smoothie, ezekiel English muffin with pb, sweet potato egg breakfast burrito? I would also add another fruit and cut out the lean cuisine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"