Adoption

We may be getting a moderator soon

The boards are converting over to a new format, and moderators from other boards will only be able to moderate their boards.

Every so often there is something that needs to be addressed here, and I used to be able to at least edit the posts because I'm a mod on another board. Without that function I fear we'll have spam and such sneak through.

I have a feeling TB will decide that we need a mod. Not sure if I'll be it or someone else, but I wanted to give you a heads up. I know we've fairly proactively resisted having a moderator, but it looks like we'll need one just for housekeeping purposes.

Re: We may be getting a moderator soon

• Sounds like the same format that they've got over on TK, I'm a mod there on a couple boards and only have the ability to do anything on the boards I'm a listed mod on.
  • I've been gone for awhile....why would having a moderator be bad?  What am I missing?
  • Loading the player...
  • imagelilmufish:
    I've been gone for awhile....why would having a moderator be bad?  What am I missing?

It wouldn't be bad per se, it just isn't usually necessary. And occasionally a mod has overstepped her bounds and edited/deleted posts or responses because they don't like what's said, not because it violates any TOU, etc. We've always kind of enjoyed not having to have a mod here, and being one of the saner boards on TB ;)

• I agree with PP. Over on TK we spend more time on the moderator board reporting problems we notice on boards while their assigned mod isn't available (maybe at work, away on vacation, sick) then we do actually keeping our own boards cleaned up!!
  • Sally JSally J member

FYI - The Nest imploded with the switch to the new format.  NOTHING worked and the new format is awful, plus TN gods pissed of the ML posters (most active board).  For now and maybe for good a proboard was started.  All the boards on TN moved over to the proboard and now TN is cricketville.  Just in case the same thing happens on TB, many of the bump boards were also created.  I asked for an adoption board to be added in case something happens with the switch.

https://pandce.****/index.cgi

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"