Preemies

XP: Calling all reflux Mommies!

Hi Ladies!

I've been thinking a lot lately about what my next move with DS is, sleeping wise.

He's currently sleeping in his Fischer Price RNP. That has worked like a charm ever since day 3 of having him home.

I know it's getting closer and closer to the time when he is going to outgrow his RNP. My question is, what is the next transition? We have a PNP, but I can't, for the life of me, figure out how we would make it more upright.

I thought about getting a Tucker Sling for his credit mattress. Has anyone had a Tucker Sling? I wasn't going to get the wedge, just the sling.

Thoughts? Advice? Help!!

And, at what age were your LO's finally able to sleep like a "normal" person? :)

TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP: Calling all reflux Mommies!

• For DS recent cold I put rolled receiving blankets under his mattress to prop it up - I know they make wedges. 

To answer your question, though, this is how our bedsharing started. His reflux was so bad that we both slept sleeping up, propped against each other. I had a hot water bottle to help ease his pain when it was bad. It's what worked best for us.

He finally grew out of his reflux around the new year (off meds in Feb). No issues with it at all now.

GL! I know it's really tough :( 

• DS and I lived our first 3.5 months recliner sharing :)  I'm really glad those days are over and I can at least sleep in bed with him beside me in his RNP. Just not sure what to turn to next?

I really want to bedshare, but DH is insistant that he is being moved to his own room around 7 months.  :Sigh:   I never knew I would be this attached to my little man.

• Loading the player...
  • Once we were ready to transition out of the RNP we just put heavy blankets/towels/whatever under the head of the mattress to make it incline.  The kiddos do slide down the mattress by morning though :)

• We started out in a recliner, went to the RnP then to a Mini-Arms Reach Co-sleeper by my bed, I used rolled receiving blankets to incline the matress of the co-sleeper and then eventually transitioned her to her crib.  She still as reflux but we dont elevate her mattress anymore at this point.  We recently increased her medications though because her GI felt her restlessness at night was reflux related. She is still a squirmer though but shes always STTN since she was 3 months adjusted
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • We used the AR Pillow. Wedges and elevating the mattress didn't work for us because DD would wind up at the bottom. She stopped using it once she started to get pissed off she couldn't roll over and started to sleep on her belly. That pillow worked wonders for us. She slept great on the AR pillow and started sleeping through the night. 

https://www.amazon.com/AR-Pillow-Infants-Researched-Positioner/dp/B0016L5ALG 

imageimage

"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible"--Harry, When Harry Met Sally

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"