Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

so many choices, straw sippy cup?

Ok so DD drinks from a regular sippy cup with no problem.  Both the hard valve and soft valve, handles and without.  

Recently she has learned to drink from my straw.  So, I bought her a straw sippy cup but this one you have to bit down on to drink and she doesn't care for it too much.

Does anyone know of a straw sippy cup the you don't have to bite down on and that the straw will not come out of?   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: so many choices, straw sippy cup?

• Options
    We use the Playtex and also the Take 'n Toss because they're easy to clean.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    greyt00greyt00 member
    We use Take N Toss.  I object to the name (sounds very un-environmentally friendly), but they have held up well in the dishwasher so far.  They don't spill easily.  They will drip some if you hold them upside down.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Can LO pull the straw out of the take n toss ones?
  • Options

imagemrsnorthernbell:

I was just going to mention this. We used the Take and Toss ones on the go and when the other ones were dirty....until he figured out he could pull out the straw and dump the cup! 

We use the Playtex insulated straw sippy cups and the Gerber Graduates/NUK insulated straw cups. We like them both and they do really well in the dishwasher. Every once in a while, Target has a BOGO 1/2 off sale on their sippy cups and you can get 4 for like $10. 

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Options

imagemrsnorthernbell:

Yeah probably. Mine doesn't which is good for me because I'm lazy and it's easier to clean the straws on those than on the ones you have to take apart and use a toothpick to get milk scum out of (I don't have a dishwasher, lol). 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We love the Take N Toss, but if your DD takes the straw out, that's not going to work too well.

I just picked up some of the Tommee Tippee insulated straw cups and while they are kind of a pain to put together, we've had no leaks with them which has been great when we are out and about. 

• Options
    I just bought some Take n Toss ones today. Z loves them already!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

And once you make the switch to straws, one of these is absolutely essential. Our straws always broke loose of the holder in the dishwasher, so we had to do them by hand.

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Options
    We have the munchkin ones. I like them because they don't leak and DS can't pour anything out. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001QXCF0S Sorry its not clicky.

• Options

imagejackieboyd:
    We have the munchkin ones. I like them because they don't leak and DS can't pour anything out. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001QXCF0S Sorry its not clicky.

Agreed! Nuby makes the same ones and you can interchange them. Here's the clicky.

• Options

DS just started using this Munchkin one and loves it, he doesn't have to bite down. Anytime I tried a straw one before, it was a bite-down one, and he didn't really get it.

https://www.amazon.com/Munchkin-Backyardigans-1Pk-Straw-Cup/dp/B000GAYYC4

DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • Options
    We use the Zoli Bot cup. Expensive but awesome.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    We use the Tommee Tippie straw cups and occasionally the Take n Toss. I don't love the Take n Toss because he can easily remove the straw and dump the contents. I usually only put smoothies in the Take n Toss because he's too busy sucking it down to be concerned with taking the straw out, but it doesn't function very well as our day to day water cup.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We use a combination of straw cups.

My favorite is the Safe Sippy 2, it's stainless steel and easy to drink out of and clean:

K uses the playtex straw cups at school because all the kids have them and he likes to be the same as them:

and this for water

He's not picky when it comes to straw cups so we also have the take n' toss and the camelbak straw cup but you have to bite this straw and it takes more effort for him to drink out of it so it isn't used as often.  It leaks the least amount though so it's still used.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"