Parenting after 35

No wonder other countries think we're dumb

Oh.. the Baby Names board.. always cheers me up on a gloomy day...

Some gal asked about the name Ivan.

Some other gal said it reminded her of  "Ivan the Terrible, the notorious nazi war criminal."

Good golly.  Nearly 400 years off and Russian.  I did have to pipe in on that one... couldn't resist.  I'm sure I'll get roasted for being a nit-picker.   I didn't even address the fact that she didn't capitalize Nazi.

Home schooling is sounding better every day.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: No wonder other countries think we're dumb

• Omg. Here's a video to give you some more faith in our society:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeFhA_sL38c

At 8 minutes, 30 seconds is when we learn that women are evil, and the world went downhill when we gained the right to vote. This guy is a TV preacher/FOX News contributor. Indifferent

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Sadly the push for math and science (though valid) has ruined our students in the courses of history, English and (of course) the arts. Future generations will no longer know what our parents and grandparents knew, and I hope it doesn't cause them to duplicate mistakes.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Loading the player...
  • steverstever member
    Oof. That's horrible.
  • Update.. .the gal schooled me by replying that she was talking about John Demjanjuk, the notorious Nazi prison guard who was sometimes known as Ivan the Terrible by concentration camp prisoners.

Um... sure ya were, honey.   I certainly remember Demjanjuk, but I barely remember that was his so-called nickname.  Certainly not the Ivan the Terrible that most educated people would thing of in this sitation.

Guess she told me.... sigh.

• imageshaindelr:

Omg. Here's a video to give you some more faith in our society:

At 8 minutes, 30 seconds is when we learn that women are evil, and the world went downhill when we gained the right to vote. This guy is a TV preacher/FOX News contributor. Indifferent

My brother was telling me about this tonight. Wow...was all I could utter...quite sad...quite sad indeed. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageBrideBuddies:

Update.. .the gal schooled me by replying that she was talking about John Demjanjuk, the notorious Nazi prison guard who was sometimes known as Ivan the Terrible by concentration camp prisoners.

Um... sure ya were, honey.   I certainly remember Demjanjuk, but I barely remember that was his so-called nickname.  Certainly not the Ivan the Terrible that most educated people would thing of in this sitation.

Guess she told me.... sigh.

lets give her props for doing a google search and telling off the cranky old lady.  Surprise

My nephew corrected his history teacher when he was in 11th grade of the timing of the French revolution in relation to the US Revolution. 

• Cranky old lady, indeed!   I resemble that remark!  :)

• imageshaindelr:

Omg. Here's a video to give you some more faith in our society:

That guy is drunk.  Listen to his slur his words.

• imageBrideBuddies:

Cranky old lady, indeed!   I resemble that remark!  :)

::Get outta my yard you annoying kids::

• C'mon, if the US educated it's general population, then what would we have to chuckle at. Rick Mercer has had way too much fun with this already. Linky for you all to enjoy!!!!
  • so so sad, and yet so so funny in that really not funny way.
  • imagevanverth:
    imageBrideBuddies:

OMG!  I LOVE YOU!  This has been my dream mantra for decades.  Growing up, there was an old lady who'd come out onto her porch in her curlers and bathrobe and curse us out for riding bikes on her sidewalk.  I always said I wanted to be just like her when I grew up!  "Hey you GD kids.  Get your GD bikes off my lawn!"

• imageBrideBuddies:

Home schooling is sounding better every day.

Hmmm...I'm not too sure on that home schooling idea.  My guess is nobody teaching history in the public schools would be that crazy.

Two boys already - ages 5 and 3...

...baby #3 is here...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageBrideBuddies:
    imagevanverth:
    imageBrideBuddies:

OMG!  I LOVE YOU!  This has been my dream mantra for decades.  Growing up, there was an old lady who'd come out onto her porch in her curlers and bathrobe and curse us out for riding bikes on her sidewalk.  I always said I wanted to be just like her when I grew up!  "Hey you GD kids.  Get your GD bikes off my lawn!"

You need a cane. Or a broom to swing at them. Wink

• imagegimmietimmies:
    imageBrideBuddies:
    imagevanverth:
    imageBrideBuddies:

Nope.. garden hose on the "jet" setting.  That what Mrs. Josefek used on us!  It was great on hot, humid days.  Secretly, I think she just enjoyed messing with us.

• imageBrideBuddies:
    imagegimmietimmies:
    imageBrideBuddies:
    imagevanverth:
    imageBrideBuddies:

Nope.. garden hose on the "jet" setting.  That what Mrs. Josefek used on us!  It was great on hot, humid days.  Secretly, I think she just enjoyed messing with us.

A woman to look up to!! Hmmmmm, what an idea!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"